Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 5:49 pm

In a fight too the death between these 2 imaginary opponents who do you think would win?

Oponnent 1
height 6ft4
combat proffesion: akido- 7th dan, judo, karate, master in japanese kendo and former bodyguard
weight 175 lbs

opponent 2
height 6ft8
weight 296 lbs
combat proffesion: bouncer/bodyguard

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 5:52 pm

first one, why? You should include a poll

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 6:07 pm

the second opponent does have weight and a 4 inch height advantage though

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 6:10 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Second one is fat and slow. The first guy actually knows what he is doing.

Aikido is using the opponent's force against them. Seeing as how the second guy would just be throwing haymakers that would be easy.

Dauthrsbane
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Jun 2012, 6:48 pm

Delphiki wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Aikido is using the opponent's force against them. Seeing as how the second guy would just be throwing haymakers that would be easy.

I think we were supposed to assume that the second man is representative of the average bouncer. This would mean that he is extremely muscular, no doubt due to steroids.

Assuming limb length and strength is size appropriate for each of them, the bouncer would be victorious.

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 6:54 pm

Dauthrsbane wrote:
Delphiki wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

I think we were supposed to assume that the second man is representative of the average bouncer. This would mean that he is extremely muscular, no doubt due to steroids.

Assuming limb length and strength is size appropriate for each of them, the bouncer would be victorious.
For all we know the bouncer has no fighting experience.

Dauthrsbane
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Jun 2012, 8:14 pm

Delphiki wrote:
Dauthrsbane wrote:
Delphiki wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

True but the small man would be unable to actually hurt the big one. Have you seen the fight between Shaq and Oscar de la Hoya?

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 8:20 pm

296lb Bouncer/bodyguard. Assuming the other person doesn't run away from the fight. He's got a height advantage on him, and is double his weight. We're assuming also, the current bouncer/bodyguard has some fighting experience/training, too, as most of them do, with that in mind, I'd say the weight and height advantage makes him win.

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 8:21 pm

Dauthrsbane wrote:
Delphiki wrote:
Dauthrsbane wrote:
Delphiki wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

True but the small man would be unable to actually hurt the big one. Have you seen the fight between Shaq and Oscar de la Hoya?
Do you know what akido is? I saw a scrawny girl approx. 12 lift her father over her back and he was over 200 lbs. By lift I mean they were back to back, they grabbed each others hands and she leaned forward to where he was not on the ground.

edit: never mind though. I think I am getting to hung up on how the description in the beginning is vague.

Dauthrsbane
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Jun 2012, 10:00 pm

Delphiki wrote:
Dauthrsbane wrote:
Delphiki wrote:
Dauthrsbane wrote:
Delphiki wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Do you know what akido is? I saw a scrawny girl approx. 12 lift her father over her back and he was over 200 lbs. By lift I mean they were back to back, they grabbed each others hands and she leaned forward to where he was not on the ground.

edit: never mind though. I think I am getting to hung up on how the description in the beginning is vague.

You are forgetting about the damage a large person can do even when restrained. Once, when I was fatter, a TA snuck up on me while I was napping in class and twisted my arm behind my back. He started this fight in the most advantageous position possible but due to his small size was unable to restrain me for quite some time. I backed him into the wall several times and used him to knock over a few desks before I went down. And this was with my arm twisted behind my back from the start. If there's a size difference that dramatic and the fight starts on equal footing, well, it's no contest.

Also I swear this oath: If I should ever meet that man and know him, by my blood, I will repay his treachery. Even though he's probably like 60 by now.