*"Physical Activity/Exercise Support Thread"*

Page 3 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

amboxer21
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jul 2012, 5:26 pm

I feel like a beast! I just did 3 sets of 244(800 feet) meter sprints and jogged back the 244 meters. Then for the fourth set, I sprinted 1,204 feet(364 meters) and of course walked balk lol That's a quarter mile!! !! Whoop whoop!

If anyone doubts me, I will record it. I think I am going to put that on YouTube anyway! That's def a nice distance to sprint!!

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2012, 4:57 pm

Once I have too many lists to manage, I'll have to make a masterlist then :lol:

And weeh. I'm almost there, 60 kg! More than a kilo per month must not be that bad, especially in a high-protein diet.

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Jul 2012, 3:17 pm

Yay! Great about the progress, shatbat and amboxer21! :D

I like writing lists too when going shopping. And for a lot of other things too. :lol

I managed to exercise this morning, weights and then wall-press-ups with some callanetics/stretching warm-up and cool-down, which was great ... but probably wouldn't have done if it hadn't been for my nearly 13 year old son knocking bravely on my bedroom door at 8.30 to wake me up and, on my arriving downstairs, sturdily suggesting that we do some! :D

But that was the first time in a week. :(

I did some drawing and painting four times this week though ... instead? ... ! ... :lol

I dreamed of becoming a dancer ( as well as a writer and an artist :lol ) when I was a teenager; modern stuff, ( not ballet ), for musicals etc ... like "Cats"! :lol Long before I ever watched "Dirty Dancing" or "Flashdance" ... but it was never an option. I think that it's probably the only physical activity I have ever felt very inspired by, ( though have loved long fast walks when very fit ), but I find it hard to learn steps/choreographies so the complex-dance-steps-style aerobics they do in the local gym was like purgatory when I tried it last autumn. Still need to find some sort of physical activity which I would do whether or not I was interested in physical health and fitness. :?

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 8:10 pm

Everyone: :thumleft:

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Jul 2012, 2:21 pm

Kjas wrote:
Everyone: :thumleft:

:D

Managed to do some again today, about 25 minutes of bodyweight/core exercises. Felt good. :)

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2012, 8:06 pm

I should probably add my own update -

40.5 kgs and 16% BF

It's like a world record (considering I haven't been training for that long since my break). I have most of my muscle back but I'm still not as strong as I was or as flexible and still feeling stiff / rusty - my abs still hurt from dancing all night on friday (5 hours straight). :lol:

This is good news as it means I can see my abs again now - and that I actually have some again :lol:

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 1:52 pm

Kjas has abs :o :D

Now I'm past 60kg, and going up. Just realized that my lack of fast progression in pull-ups was because of carrying 3 more kilos around :D

And today I held a straight-hip bent-knee back lever position for 30 seconds :sunny:

I'm getting slightly blurry vision, dizzy head and noticeable grip-strength loss after every workout though, I'll try eating a banana or drinking a water-sugar solution to see if that solves the issue.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 3:06 pm

1000Knives wrote:
Shatbat wrote:
I have my own crazyness too, To decide between similar products I divide the mass of either of them by their price, and choose the one with the highest value. Seems perfectly normal and logical for me, but I saw in psychology that people at large tend to pay too much attention to publicity, and what's placed where and "promotions" that aren't actual promotions (I've seen that happen when doing the math) it sure affects me too in some way, but just not as much.

And Kjas, do you have a list about the lists you have to make? :lol:

In USA most stores actually do that for you, they're required by law to post unit price with the price of the product.

I dunno about other stores, but they do at my local Kroger.
Very helpful.

to his Interest."

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Jul 2012, 3:08 pm

Well done, both! :D

Shatbat wrote:
Now I'm past 60kg, and going up. Just realized that my lack of fast progression in pull-ups was because of carrying 3 more kilos around :D

I just realised that too this last week! In fact it could be that the approx 6-8 kg ( I haven't checked for the last 2-3 weeks ) that I put on while trying out the "Potatoes not Prozac" three-protein meals/day including a full breakfast every day ( for about 7 weeks in April/May/June ... the last time I ate breakfast regularly before that was in 1983 ) may be the biggest reason why I lapsed with the exercise, and even now am only managing short and irregular workouts. ... I feel so unpleasantly *heavy*/overloaded ( 6-8 kg is more than 10% of my "happy" weight of about 57 kg ).

Well I managed to exercise yesterday, Sunday, mainly cardio for about 30 minutes, and the same again today, cardio, ( with bodyweight warm-up both days ) but using different routines. Got good "opioid high" today! :lol Nice.

Last edited by ouinon on 27 Jul 2012, 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 3:11 pm

Kjas wrote:
I hate supermarkets, so I write the list, and then am in , get the stuff as fast as possible, and get out. It takes me 20 minutes for a weeks shopping. I just grab and go, because I always know what i want and where it is. Did I mention I hate shopping? I *HATE* shopping! :lol:

I list everything I need (I think rather tangentially) and then I number each item based on where it is in the store so I can follow the quickest route with no backtracks. :oops:

Ate cauliflower and swam for three hours today. Look like a lobster.
Thinking of cancelling my gym membership. It's too crowded to be bearable,
and I'm on new medicine that seems to have driven up my metabolism.
That being said, I would like to get there a couple days before Friday-
I'm going to a water park and could stand to do some thigh adductions.

to his Interest."

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 2:22 am

Kjas wrote:
I should probably add my own update -

40.5 kgs and 16% BF

It's like a world record (considering I haven't been training for that long since my break). I have most of my muscle back but I'm still not as strong as I was or as flexible and still feeling stiff / rusty - my abs still hurt from dancing all night on friday (5 hours straight). :lol:

This is good news as it means I can see my abs again now - and that I actually have some again :lol:

Good work, keep it up, one day you may just be able to keep up with me in the stamina department. :wink:.

Last edited by Wolfheart on 24 Jul 2012, 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 2:24 am

Shatbat wrote:
Kjas has abs :o :D

And today I held a straight-hip bent-knee back lever position for 30 seconds :sunny:

I'm getting slightly blurry vision, dizzy head and noticeable grip-strength loss after every workout though, I'll try eating a banana or drinking a water-sugar solution to see if that solves the issue.

Don't worry, I tend to get slightly blurry vision on some lifts, try to stay hydrated and make sure you definitely get a good source of protein after you work out.

I tend to eat 50 grams of protein straight after a workout, you can always drink a protein shake before and after you work out also.

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 3:32 am

OP: The last 10 is always a bit more difficult than the rest. If you have gotten that far already though, I'm sure you will find a way around it.

Shat: Past 60?! :cheers:

And you kept telling me you had trouble with this?! :lol:

Wolfheart wrote:
Good work, keep it up, one day you may just be able to keep up with me in the stamina department. :wink:.

Dangerous thing to say to someone who isn't even 50% back to normal yet. :razz:

I'll out-stamina you when I'm 100% easily! Just because you're more than a foot taller and way bigger doesn't mean you automatically win in every category! :razz:

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 4:08 am

Kjas wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:

Dangerous thing to say to someone who isn't even 50% back to normal yet. :razz:

I'll out-stamina you when I'm 100% easily! Just because you're more than a foot taller and way bigger doesn't mean you automatically win in every category! :razz:

We will see about that :P.

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 1:20 pm

Wolfheart wrote:
Don't worry, I tend to get slightly blurry vision on some lifts, try to stay hydrated and make sure you definitely get a good source of protein after you work out.

I tend to eat 50 grams of protein straight after a workout, you can always drink a protein shake before and after you work out also.

50 grams. Are you trying to bulk up and have more muscle, or are those 50g. just for upkeep of what you already have?

I always have two eggs for breakfast, and drink half a liter of milk before and the other half after workouts. Now lemme see how much protein is that *google*

Six grams per egg and 32 grams in the milk, 44 grams. Close enough I guess, I'll start drinking protein shakes when I find a cheap brand or something. Today I ate around 800 grams of food at lunch, and around a fourth of it was chicken, beef and pork (gotta love all you can eat buffets! only $5!). I'll have to keep eating a lot if I want to reach 65kg though~

Heh Kjas, I do have trouble! :lol: Last time I plateaued at 62 for a whole month, and I was drinking four liters of milk per day plus meals! It still baffles me where did all those calories go, I should have gotten heavier even if it was fat-weight instead of muscle-weight :huh:

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Jul 2012, 1:55 pm

Well done Kjas, Shatbat and everyone keeping at this! :D

Tuesday I/we walked briskly for about 35 minutes, most of them in a gorgeous wooded and semi-abandoned parkland/estate near here on the way to the out-of-town-supermarket, ( walked back the short way with the bags of shopping ) and on Wednesday did weights and some core for about 30 minutes, and then yesterday took a day off, ( neither me nor my son felt up for it ), but today, Friday, we did 30 minutes of core and bodyweight again.

Felt better for eating very lightly indeed for two days, just fruit ( 2 melons, 3 peaches, and several apples ), a couple of pots of plain/unsweetened live-yoghurt and one tin of steamed-mackerel in dash of olive oil plus some lettuce. But today I made a tuna and yoghurt and parsley and garlic "mush" in the afternoon that just "had to be" eaten with rice-cakes ( not bread because I'm on a gf diet ), but feel instantly much heavier and hotter and less energetic and suspect the rice/starchy carbohydrate.