Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2012, 1:53 am

I was reading about the amount of energy the human body has. A lot of this energy is expended through sex. If this energy is not used this way it is put to other worthwhile uses by the body. I guess it is somewhat like fasting; the benefit of fasting is that energy that was previously used to digest food is now used to replenish the body. Maybe energy that isn't released through sex is redirected to the intellect. I guess this is just me pondering a question. Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Underscore
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2012, 12:02 pm

I don't think it has that much of an impact on intellect. I would think the energy stays more in the body itself, and the impact on the brain would be experienced through better concentration maybe. I've found intellect to not be so much attached to these things. It has a mind of its own, if that's understandable.

arielhawksquill
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2012, 2:56 pm

This is false. Sexual energy is a use-it-or-lose-it proposition. If you engage in sexual activity often, you will be able to do it often--if you don't, your power to do so will atrophy.

Studies of athletes who abstain before games compared to those who have sex do not show any redirection of energy into better performance for the abstainers. Celibate monks and nuns don't have an average higher intelligence than sexually active people.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

11 Sep 2012, 4:09 pm

[Moved from Stats to Health, Fitness, and Sports]