Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

24 Oct 2012, 7:55 am

Lately, I've slept early, and woken up WAY too early. Now, I ask his; what are some surefire ways to get back to sleep? I'm listening to every one of you. :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2012, 12:34 pm

It depends on your daily routine. If you get up early (around 8am) and don't sleep for more than 40 minutes in the day, then take yourself off to bed around 11am at night, it may help with your sleep routine, if you do this for about 2 days or more. I also have dairy foods like milk, yoghurt and cheese, because for some reason that seems to help me sleep better at night. It makes a difference with me, but I'm not sure if it will work on everyone, since everybody's different.

At week-ends I find it hard to sleep than in the week, because I get up later at week-ends, and if I wake up any later than 9.15am, it makes the following night difficult to sleep, unless I am physically busy for most of the day. But usually I just spend Saturdays sitting about and having a nap because I get bored. Sundays I do a few hours of voluntary work but I still seem to struggle getting to sleep Sunday nights for some strange reason. But in the week I'm usually up and out of the house by 8, then I have an approximate 30-minute nap at around 4pm, and it seems to balance out my sleep needs for that night. So I came up with a little equation:-

Get up early ------> 30 minute nap in afternoon ------> good night's sleep at night
Get up early ------> busy myself all day (no nap) ------> I may be ''too tired to sleep'' so I fall asleep extremely quick at night then wake up about 15 minutes later and feel full of energy
Get up later ------> busy myself all day (no nap) ------> may have a good night's sleep at night
Get up later ------> have lazy day, nap in afternoon ------> bad night's sleep

johnny77
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2012, 11:42 pm

equestriatola I ask this; what are some surefire ways to get back to sleep?
Hammer :lol:
Routine, routine, routine so nice had to say it thrice. No sure fire way to sleep at all. I take 8mg Lorazepam and 800mg Nurotten but even them together doesn't guarantee any sleep but it would knock a rhino out.

Destidude
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Oct 2012, 10:16 am

Ever tried taking melatonin pills?

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2012, 12:27 pm

I guess it depends on when you are waking up, ie. how many hours you have between the time you wake up and when you need to get up for work or school or whatever. I've read that if you have 90 minutes or less left to sleep, it's actually better for you to just stay up because anything less will not allow you to reach a deep enough stage of sleep for it to be restorative for your body.

I'm not sure if this will be relevant to you or not, but early waking is a common symptom of depression. So, if you've been feeling depressed lately, then getting at the root cause by treating the depression may be the best approach for dealing with this.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

05 Nov 2012, 5:26 am

Oh, my. That does sound serious, blueroses.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2012, 8:22 am

Destidude wrote:
Ever tried taking melatonin pills?

Especially the sublingual(under the tongue) pills, you'll notice an effect sooner and this is a chemical your body natuarally produces.

If you have access to itunes, you may want to look up some deep meditation sountracks, I found an artist who makes hour long tracks using a synthesizer under podcasts (its free).

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2012, 8:03 pm

Or, you can try polyphasic sleep instead of the usual monophasic sleep that we are used to being the healthy norm. Google it and see what you think of it. There are several different sleep schedules to try, and maybe one of those will suit your body better.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

07 Nov 2012, 1:49 am

Used up all your energy, and you will have a good night sleep. Pills can help but if you don't have any problems in sleeping, better to avoid using it.