Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

yamato_rena
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Dec 2012, 1:29 pm

So I'm at work, where I'm a researcher, so naturally, I spend a lot of time looking at the computer screen. However, when I look away from the computer screen, all of a sudden, I see a bunch of big black dots in my peripheral vision against the white walls. The dots moved, but tended to dart toward the center of my field of vision, fading as they did so. They went away after a minute. Now, about a half hour later, I have a very mild headache on the right hand side of my head and a small bit of an ache at the joint where my head meets my neck and a slightly uncertain stomach. Also a bit of pressure in my right eye (not an uncommon occurence for me in combination with mild to moderate headaches). I'm not certain if I get migraines or not - some have suggested it to me before when I complained of headaches accompanied by mild nausea (a decently regular occurrence, since I'm a relatively anxious individual who has an easily upset stomach). Two questions.

1. Were those likely floaters, or a visual aura of some kind?
2. Should I run to the emergency room, or just give myself a chance to off the migraine?

SpiritBlooms
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2012, 1:31 pm

I get those. They're floaters. I also get migraine auras, and they're quite different, sort of shimmery and they don't move that way.

But I'm not a professional. Maybe you should get your eyes checked, just in case it's something else.

yamato_rena
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Dec 2012, 1:46 pm

OK. But in this case, the floaters don't sound like anything to run to the emergency room over, right?

SpiritBlooms
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2012, 2:51 pm

yamato_rena wrote:
OK. But in this case, the floaters don't sound like anything to run to the emergency room over, right?
I don't know. Mine don't go away, they're always there, though I only see them in certain lighting conditions.

antifeministfrills
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Dec 2012, 3:17 pm

Floaters definitely aren't something to go to the ER for, from my experience. They're normal.

yamato_rena
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Dec 2012, 3:25 pm

OK. Thank you so much for your help.

Benard12fem
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Dec 2012, 5:07 am

thanks for sharing such a good info
i like this...............