Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Deathsin
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Jan 2013, 5:33 pm

Is it normal to be having random anxiety attacks with no reasoning behind them about 2 to 3 times a week?

khaos
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jan 2013, 8:05 pm

I don't know about "normal" but I have those a few times a week. I will wake up sometimes in a panic/anxiety attack. Sometimes things will cause them, most of the time it's nothing. They just show up! Very hard to leave the house when my stress is higher, like when I am out and about that makes it easier to get them. Whether there is a specific catalyst or not.

AS, OCD, ADHD - Diagnosed
PTSD - Undiagnosed
<"May the Gods have mercy on you for I shall show none...">

incorrigible
Raven
Raven

26 Jan 2013, 8:43 pm

I have them too. It's the thing that keeps me from living an entirely fulfilling life. I've tried just about every known method to manage the anxiety. Most anti-anxiety herbs or meds effect me like speed, or not at all. The only things that work are alcohol (not on the spot, but if I drink right before bed, I have a calm day the next day) or xanax (used kind of like the booze). Both require me to slowly increase the dosage for them to work though, so I generally just suffer through the anxiety (and the constant judgement and attitude from people around me that think I have some choice in the matter).