Page 3 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

meems
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2013, 2:27 am

auntblabby wrote:
why can't somebody make pot tea?

Get thee to a science lab, we must discover a method for this!! !

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2013, 2:55 am

auntblabby wrote:
^^^
then what do you do when you have a splitting headache?

i used to put ice cubes at the roof of my mouth, but now i just relax and go to sleep.
i never take headache pills or anything like that, i don't need to since i feel better after.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2013, 4:07 am

^^^
you're a tougher man than me, i live by the motto, "better living through chemistry."

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2013, 6:31 am

MannyBoo wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
MannyBoo, from your other posts, I assume you've never tried recreational drugs.
How can you hate something you have absolutely no first hand experience with?
Nope. I never have, despite many opportunities to do so, despite invitations by people around me to try something, i have always refused. When i was younger i felt peer pressure to be cool, but i later i did not care anymore.

Why do i hate drugs? To be frank, (sorry no offense) i think it is a weakness to be dependent on an external substance that your body doesn't already naturally produce by itself. I believe our bodies are already water bags of chemicals and "natural drugs" so why not trigger the drugs we already have? For example, listening to music, hiking in the hills, club dancing for hours, meditation, mantras, whatever, etc. By doing these things i frankly feel really good, i honestly feel high, feel top of the world.. So no need for external substances. I simply want my body and mind to be pure and pristine. To me this is perfection. I am proud of my "virginity" :lol:

I do not dictate to others what to do or not do. I think you should do or not do whatever you want. I simply hate drugs for myself :)

And if one uses recreational drugs but does not abuse them nor become dependant on them, what then?

I agree with seeking natural highs ie music, hiking, dance, meditation etc and do many of those things myself in part for the same reason.

But what about the various enhancements to life's enjoyment that drugs (which all come from natural plants) can do for us? What about the medicinal healing properties of many of them? The therapeutic properties of them? The insight they can give us into ourselves, the world, our perceptions, emotions, philosophy, higher level thinking, engineering, problem solving, creativity, various arts etc? There's a reason people like Steve Jobs have stated openly that their experiences with drug use were some of the most valuable of their entire lives.

What about pharmaceutical drugs prescribed by medical doctors? Are they a-okay by you?

What about the natural drug effect of fruits, vegetables, herbs, spices etc that go on in our brains and bodies every time we consume them as food? Are they a-okay by you?

What you can likely already deduce is that I think you're a hypocrite for consuming plants that have mind & body altering effects on us in their raw natural form, but are opposed to consuming any plants in raw or refined form that have been found to have recreational uses - despite the fact that many of them have been proven to have immensely valuable contributions to us in medicinal/therapeutic form as well as in more metaphysical, mental & emotional terms when it comes to various altered states of mind and how we think, feel, and act under the influence.

And some of them, in addition, are just plain FUN! and that may be their purpose on this planet; for us to enjoy them. *shrug* to each their own, more for me & my friends if you don't want any. :P

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2013, 8:32 am

First of all, of course daily regular foods are made of chemicals, because as i clearly said, we ourselves are water bags of soluable chemicals, ie. natural drugs make up our bodies. As the proverb says, "You are what you eat"... But as i said before, something like strawberries, lettuce and pineapple juice is definitely not the same thing as a cigarette, weed and ecstasy. I think its pretty obvious right? :roll:

Basically, I am someone who happily does not follow the pill-popping paradigm, which has become the normal thinking of general society. I am happy that i am independent, unique and different from most other people. I do not need drugs to be wild, creative and flamboyant. I think today's zeitgeist has become: "Have ill, Take pill" ... Well, sorry my friend, just give me some strawberries and let me sleep instead ok? :wink:

Second of all, when did i ever say YOU should stop drugs, YOU should hate them, i never said that. All i said is i myself have absolutely and honestly no interest in it. I think you got offended because you confused my harsh refusal of drugs, as a rejection of you? Why does my rejection of drug use irritate you in someway? So you would not be someone's friend simply because they don't take drugs like you? As i clearly said, i frankly don't care what you do or don't do. Sorry if i hit a button because you sound agitated. Well i have nothing against you, and i am not telling you what to do. So go ahead, feel free to have some smokes if that can calm you down :lol:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2013, 3:30 pm

MannyBoo wrote:
First of all, of course daily regular foods are made of chemicals, because as i clearly said, we ourselves are water bags of soluable chemicals, ie. natural drugs make up our bodies. As the proverb says, "You are what you eat"... But as i said before, something like strawberries, lettuce and pineapple juice is definitely not the same thing as a cigarette, weed and ecstasy. I think its pretty obvious right? :roll:

Basically, I am someone who happily does not follow the pill-popping paradigm, which has become the normal thinking of general society. I am happy that i am independent, unique and different from most other people. I do not need drugs to be wild, creative and flamboyant. I think today's zeitgeist has become: "Have ill, Take pill" ... Well, sorry my friend, just give me some strawberries and let me sleep instead ok? :wink:

Second of all, when did i ever say YOU should stop drugs, YOU should hate them, i never said that. All i said is i myself have absolutely and honestly no interest in it. I think you got offended because you confused my harsh refusal of drugs, as a rejection of you? Why does my rejection of drug use irritate you in someway? So you would not be someone's friend simply because they don't take drugs like you? As i clearly said, i frankly don't care what you do or don't do. Sorry if i hit a button because you sound agitated. Well i have nothing against you, and i am not telling you what to do. So go ahead, feel free to have some smokes if that can calm you down :lol:

No, they're not the same thing - but even chocolate has a drug effect on our brains, moods etc. Many foods do. And some foods have different detrimental effects on some of us if we're intolerant or sensitive to them that are, in essence, drug effects.

Cigarettes are ridiculous (IMO) as the known negatives far outweigh any positives. Weed is natural & has many medicinal and therapeutic affects, including many of which that benefit my ADHD & ASD/other symptoms, as they do for many of us including others I know personally.

I don't pop pills. Never have. Almost all of the drugs I've ever tried have been in their natural form, although some were refined or partially synthesized. I've researched everything I've ever tried before trying them to ensure they're not going to do anything to me that I don't want. The only pills I've taken have been basic OTC painkillers and prescribed pharmaceuticals as needed.

I don't see it as a rejection of me, but more that you take a "holier than thou," approach to sobriety. It's only mildly annoying because you denounce what you have no experience with & thus no basis for judgement.

Nope, I never said I wouldn't befriend someone who doesn't partake in the use of recreational drugs - where are you getting that from? My own twin brother has never so much as drank a drop in his life, let alone tried any other recreational drugs.

OK, I'll have a toke, thanks! :)

meems
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2013, 5:21 pm

My dog is a seizure alert dog - the only time her alert behavior is ceased is either after I vape some weed(and don't have a seizure as a result) or after I've had a seizure.

My neurologist claims about 1/4th of his patients use weed as a method of preventing seizures, and that's a lot. It's a completely natural remedy to a medical condition for me. I use lots of herbs(the majority of them are legal) to remedy medical conditions.

I can't say what's good for other people but I love weed and I assume I will until I find a better treatment for my ills.

However, I tried naive sobriety and an anti-drug approach for a few years as a teen and I can say I regret my high and mighty attitude or thinking I was better than other people etc. Putting people down isn't a very nice way to achieve a mental high, but I used to do that, too.

You don't have to try drugs to know you don't want to do them, but it doesn't make anyone better than anyone else.

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2013, 1:00 am

In all my experiences, i have NEVER told anyone i know to stop taking whatever they are taking. I could care less.
On the other other hand, i have always been invited or urged or pressured to try this, try that, take this, take that...

Based on my experiences and people i know, i notice its usually the Drug takers that are pressuring the Non-drug takers, not the other way around. The "holier than thou" attitude seems to be coming from them, since the interference is coming from them. I clearly leave them alone, why don't they leave me alone? :roll:

meems
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2013, 1:42 am

MannyBoo wrote:
In all my experiences, i have NEVER told anyone i know to stop taking whatever they are taking. I could care less.
On the other other hand, i have always been invited or urged or pressured to try this, try that, take this, take that...

Based on my experiences and people i know, i notice its usually the Drug takers that are pressuring the Non-drug takers, not the other way around. The "holier than thou" attitude seems to be coming from them, since the interference is coming from them. I clearly leave them alone, why don't they leave me alone? :roll:

You haven't managed to demonstrate that in this thread. ;)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2013, 1:54 am

Sounds like they're being nice and friendly, as weed is very much a social lubricant of a drug that promotes sharing & making friendly conversation with strangers.. Meanwhile your AS makes you reject their attempts at including you in their social circle and you'd prefer to just be left alone.

:P I kid, I kid.. But it truly is a socially enhancing drug, that part is factual.

In my experience, its pretty rare that people pressure others to do drugs. I don't care if you don't do them. If we were standing around and a joint got lit, I'd politely offer it to you, and if you declined - well, whatever, more for the rest of us. Live and let live.

For the record, I never drank a beer until I was 17 (A beer.) And then didn't drink until I was legal age, 19. I never tried marijuana (or any other drugs) until after I was 19 and in my 2nd year of an intense business school program. Not that that's something to be proud of or not, it just is what it is. In hindsight I sort of regret not smoking weed when I was in high school - life would have been better, calmer & more fun for sure.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2013, 2:09 am

teenagers tend to pressure other teens to do likewise, and shun them when they refuse.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2013, 2:16 am

MannyBoo wrote:

The only people who have pressured me to try drugs I don't want are psychiatrists, not the typical drug user I have been offered drugs I've turned down and the way most people seem to see it is if you don't want it more for them. Or they can probably go find someone else if they're trying to get rid of it.

So my experiences have been the opposite of that.

meems
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2013, 3:44 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
MannyBoo wrote:

The only people who have pressured me to try drugs I don't want are psychiatrists, not the typical drug user I have been offered drugs I've turned down and the way most people seem to see it is if you don't want it more for them. Or they can probably go find someone else if they're trying to get rid of it.

So my experiences have been the opposite of that.

Thiiiis x100

I've never come across anyone who is like "I need to share my drugs, you MUST try some..." when people don't want to partake, it's fine, it costs money, it's not something people are usually on a mission to give away. If they offer it, they're probably just trying to be nice.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2013, 5:48 am

meems wrote:
Thiiiis x100

I've never come across anyone who is like "I need to share my drugs, you MUST try some..." when people don't want to partake, it's fine, it costs money, it's not something people are usually on a mission to give away. If they offer it, they're probably just trying to be nice.

Agreed, however, I thought it was important that I add this bit in case there are some very highly impressionable people reading this: This is generally true unless the person offering the drugs is a drug dealer and the drug they are offering is highly addictive, ie crystal methamphetamine, heroin, cocaine etc. Then chances are much more likely that they're not just trying to be nice, but rather they're pretending to be nice so that you'll try the drug they sell, become addicted, and then buy it from them as you destroy yourself, your health, your wealth etc with it.

Yes, this is sort of an extreme that doesn't happen to most people - but it's a possibility - sooooo, be smart about anything you do decide to ingest or inhale and be sure that it's not something that's going to mess you up & isn't being offered up as a free sample from a new "friend," who's simply trying to create a new regular customer for the poison they sell.

meems
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2013, 6:08 am

goldfish21 wrote:
meems wrote:
Thiiiis x100

Agreed, however, I thought it was important that I add this bit in case there are some very highly impressionable people reading this: This is generally true unless the person offering the drugs is a drug dealer and the drug they are offering is highly addictive, ie crystal methamphetamine, heroin, cocaine etc. Then chances are much more likely that they're not just trying to be nice, but rather they're pretending to be nice so that you'll try the drug they sell, become addicted, and then buy it from them as you destroy yourself, your health, your wealth etc with it.

Yes, this is sort of an extreme that doesn't happen to most people - but it's a possibility - sooooo, be smart about anything you do decide to ingest or inhale and be sure that it's not something that's going to mess you up & isn't being offered up as a free sample from a new "friend," who's simply trying to create a new regular customer for the poison they sell.

Without going into gory detail, yeah, if someone is really pushing you to try something(other than weed or shrooms, pretty much) then I wouldn't give into that pressure, because it's usually no good for you or anyone else around you.

It seems like basic common sense, don't use speed or opiates etc. Don't try anything you haven't got a decent amount of knowledge of etc.

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2013, 7:17 am

goldfish21 wrote:
I thought it was important that I add this bit in case there are some very highly impressionable people reading this: This is generally true unless the person offering the drugs is a drug dealer and the drug they are offering is highly addictive, ie crystal methamphetamine, heroin, cocaine etc. Then chances are much more likely that they're not just trying to be nice, but rather they're pretending to be nice so that you'll try the drug they sell, become addicted, and then buy it from them as you destroy yourself, your health, your wealth etc with it.

Wise words. This should be framed. :wink: