Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

sam-hinch
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 8 Nov 2012
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 44
Location: Sheffield, UK

26 May 2013, 4:03 pm

I started having this pain in my right leg. I was diagnosed with Stills Disease when I was about ten, so therefore it could be that. I also kept getting this strange sensation on my face, and keep getting itchy phases on my back... Do you think Aspergers could play a part in this? Help Please!



cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,151
Location: northeast US

26 May 2013, 5:11 pm

none of these are Asperger's symptoms. please visit your doctor.



sam-hinch
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 8 Nov 2012
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 44
Location: Sheffield, UK

26 May 2013, 5:27 pm

cathylynn wrote:
none of these are Asperger's symptoms. please visit your doctor.

I did they don't do anything! Apart from give me a blood test and that's it.



cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,151
Location: northeast US

26 May 2013, 5:48 pm

if the doc doesn't give you a satisfactory explanation, it's time to try another doc. what's the strange sensation in your face feel like? pins and needles? numbness? burning? something else? what part of your face is it in?



1401b
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 May 2012
Age: 119
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,844

26 May 2013, 6:09 pm

sam-hinch wrote:
I started having this pain in my right leg. I was diagnosed with Stills Disease when I was about ten, so therefore it could be that. I also kept getting this strange sensation on my face, and keep getting itchy phases on my back... Do you think Aspergers could play a part in this? Help Please!

    No.


_________________
(14.01.b) Been there; Done that; and wow am I embarrassed.
Our Project- https://sites.google.com/site/StabilizingAutism

What's wrong with Humans?
https://sites.google.com/site/Stabilizi ... troduction


sam-hinch
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 8 Nov 2012
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 44
Location: Sheffield, UK

27 May 2013, 2:13 pm

Left side, not numbness, not pins and needles. Whenever I'm doing something and not thinking about it. It seems to go away. I also feel tired a lot of the time.



eric76
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Aug 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,721
Location: In the heart of the dust bowl

28 May 2013, 12:16 am

I'd suggest seeing a cardiologist or a cardiovascular surgeon.

Leg pain is often one of the first signs of serious problems with your cardiovascular system. Leg pain today could easily mean death from a heart attack in a year or less.



sam-hinch
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 8 Nov 2012
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 44
Location: Sheffield, UK

28 May 2013, 3:30 am

eric76 wrote:
I'd suggest seeing a cardiologist or a cardiovascular surgeon.

Leg pain is often one of the first signs of serious problems with your cardiovascular system. Leg pain today could easily mean death from a heart attack in a year or less.

Seriously you are dumb. You seriously know nothing about Stills Disease. You can't die from it.



eric76
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Aug 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,721
Location: In the heart of the dust bowl

28 May 2013, 7:49 am

sam-hinch wrote:
eric76 wrote:
I'd suggest seeing a cardiologist or a cardiovascular surgeon.

Leg pain is often one of the first signs of serious problems with your cardiovascular system. Leg pain today could easily mean death from a heart attack in a year or less.

Seriously you are dumb. You seriously know nothing about Stills Disease. You can't die from it.


If you don't think that there is more than one cause for leg pain, then you are the one who is dumb.



eric76
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Aug 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,721
Location: In the heart of the dust bowl

28 May 2013, 7:57 am

From http://www.savannahvascular.com/home.cfm/page/Articles/article/18/:

Quote:
There are many causes of leg pain ranging from arthritis to bulging discs in your lower spine to blockages in the arteries of your legs (peripheral arterial disease or P.A.D.). Other causes include neuropathy, fibromyalgia, venous insufficiency or swelling and an assortment of muscular-skeletal conditions (ailments affecting muscles, joints, bones, tendons etc.). While all of these conditions can cause significant discomfort, a diagnosis of peripheral arterial disease has the greatest implications for your health. A good understanding of when leg pain is caused by P.A.D. is very important not only because this will affect treatment options but also because P.A.D is associated with significantly increased risks of heart attack, stroke and death.

...

WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF P.A.D. AS OPPOSED TO THE MANY OTHER CAUSES OF LEG PAIN?

This distinction is very important since most leg pain is not caused by circulation problems. Night cramps and leg pain while you are sitting, lying or standing is rarely caused by P.A.D. Pain in your joints, feet or back while walking is most frequently related to one of many muscular-skeletal disorders.

Symptoms of P.A.D. are usually very specific. The most common signs include calf or thigh or buttock muscle pain that occurs while walking (not night cramps) and is relieved with only a couple minutes of rest. This is called claudication and occurs when blockages prevent the additional flow of blood and oxygen needed by the muscles for the extra work of walking.