Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

08 Feb 2015, 4:11 pm

This is something I like to do. When I lived in Seattle for a brief period of time from 2008-11, I would walk around various parks, like Green Lake Park, Carkeek Park, and Alki Beach. Those three are my fave parks- on a nice day, they just look gorgeous.

What parks in your area do you like to walk around? Post it here.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2015, 7:30 pm

this carkeek park?

looks sexy. i like the placement of rain tracks right by the shoreline, the surfliner amtrak train i used to go on passes right by the beach (hence the name) and when i'm on the second level, i see nothing but the sand and the water. it is a bit unsettling... :lol: but nice anyway.

the main parks/areas i like to go to are the alice keck park memorial gardens

and the andree clark bird refuge, by east beach, the cemetery and the zoo. i almost got attacked by a goose here, lol

i tried to take some pictures of the former for a good friend but there were a lot of kids running around when i went, couldn't take a good shot with tons of people in the way, meh

whenever i am able to, i love to walk in those parks (among others) at night, or late evening. i think most places look just as good, or better at night, sometimes i think it's a shame we spend it sleeping. :P

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 1:08 am

There was this bike path that went through a small stretch of woods that my apartment over the summer was near to. I'd walk it/ride it a few times a week. It was a really cool quiet place. I even ran into a coyote pup on it as well. Unfortunately I have no good pictures. I'll probably live near it again over this summer so I'll try to get some good pictures with my new camera and post them here.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 6:24 pm

I can't walk, but I live a block off this trail and I ride it on my TerraTrike every chance I get...

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 6:57 pm

Lol here is a park I go to, there is a bit pine tree I like to sit under sometimes and it looks better if you're actually there.
https://www.google.com/maps/@39.7371463 ... a=!3m1!1e3

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 9:46 pm

We have a couple parks here but they aren't that good. The one close to here is across from the grammar school and it's their playground mostly. There is the big park on the river but they closed it down after the Klan tried to hold a rally there. There is the park over by the jail that's really just a big flat area and a covered area for BBQ. Most people use that for practicing sports or for target practice. There is the small park across from the police station that has the big BBQ pits in it that people used in the summer and we used after the tornado in 2011 when our power was out for a week so we cooked all the meat in our freezer and gave it away.

I used to go to the playground park sometimes because I like to swing on swings, but haven't been there since my kids got too old for me to take them there. It looks funny for a lady my age to be swinging on a swingset all by herself, so I stay out of there now lol.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

LocksAndLiqueur
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Feb 2015, 10:14 pm

I walk around all the time. I don't usually limit myself to parks though. I go through industrial areas, rural areas, pretty much everywhere. I sometimes just pick a direction and walk in a straight line for hours. Other times, I'll just go all over town. It's so peaceful and so liberating. More than once I've walked several miles to a different town (or just to a town depending on where I am) to distance myself from a conflict. There's nothing more liberating than that. If you can comfortably walk ten to fifteen miles while carrying a backpack, you can remove yourself from a lot of unpleasant situations. Just get to the nearest town and hop on a bus headed towards home...

I also love walking for walking's sake, but I also find that my habit of walking much more than most people do makes it easy to do exactly that in situatons when I have to. Some people are really out of shape, but the only form of exercise I get is alternating between walking, jogging and running and I find that just that is enough to keep me in good enough physical condition to deal with a number of unpleasant realities.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2015, 11:35 am

^^^ I can relate...

I really love the trail system around here because I can go for miles and miles through all sorts of different types of areas. It's nice to be outside covering ground and thinking my own thoughts...

At least once or twice a week I'll take most of a day to just travel the trails. Sometimes I can cover as much as 25 miles.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2015, 3:17 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
I used to go to the playground park sometimes because I like to swing on swings, but haven't been there since my kids got too old for me to take them there. It looks funny for a lady my age to be swinging on a swingset all by herself, so I stay out of there now lol.

i love swinging too, yet by myself. 8)

i wouldn't do more than a double take. i think that's a bit cute.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.