Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

StewartMango
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jul 2013, 5:16 am

http://stewartmango.tumblr.com/post/557 ... ss-journey

Anyway, what do you guys do to stay fit? Do you join a gym, take classes, or work out at home?

www.stewartmango.com

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2013, 5:24 am

Really nice, try to keep a healthy diet, and dont get into "Oh, now I have lost so much, I can now eat more again." and keep on going your way. :)

I try to avoid empty calories, so pure refined fat or carbohydrates, like refined sugar, white noodles, rice and so on. So everything that has lots of calories, but nearly no useful nutrition, while I dont mind calories that provide useful nutrition, like whole grain bread or avocado fat. I try to avoid, chemical stuff like taste enhancer, glutamat, diet products, because of them causing hunger feelings. I just care, that it isnt to much. Additional I do some stretching and gymnastics at home, and when we dont have snow I like to bicylce a lot or go for walks and hiking. :)

I also allow myself to eat a bit more or heavier from now and then, but combine it with sports. So there is a real good butcher, where I buy marinated steaks once a month, but he lives about 1 hour of bicyle driving through mountain area away, so when I got there and back, I dont need to have bad thoughts about eating that steaks. XD

SaveTigers
Raven
Raven

18 Jul 2013, 8:17 am

I lost 102 pounds over the past few years using Weight Watchers. I went from 282 to 180 (height is 5'8") I have basically been maintaining for about a year, but would like to lose another 20-25 lbs. It's harder at age 50! :lol:
I do jog-walks around my house for about an hour a day. I've been a vegetarian since 1987. I do allow myself small treats so I won't binge from deprivation. I eat about 1300-1350 calories per day.
Great work on your weight loss! Very inspiring. Thanks for your post.
Amelia

saraip
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Jul 2013, 9:34 am

Great! Well done!

Unfortunately, I have been doing very badly on the weight loss front, but haven't gained either - I like working out at home using weights, but I think the time has come for me to enlist some outside help.

I'm moving to another country in the next three months, so I've decided to just stick to maintaining my weight for now and then hiring a personal trainer when I get there. I also want to take classes - preferably in martial arts, but I also like the idea of doing adult ballet classes - we'll see which is more accessible on day 1 :)

Keep it up, and make sure you keep your fitness levels up!

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2013, 10:32 am

I've gone from 175lbs to 150 in 4 months. Not as fast a loss as you (and I've still got another 20lbs to go - with my frame, I don't really want to be much under 130lbs) but then I haven't been doing cardio - just toning muscle with stretches and weights. The only cardio I get is dancing in nightclubs (unless masturbation counts as cardio :lol: ) I know it's a slow weight loss, but I'm just glad the weight is actually coming off at all.

Whatever I burn off in the nightclubs (and I really dance for hours) I probably put back on by drinking alcohol (because alcohol is so fattening.) At least I get the mood boost, I guess.

I do something like a 5-2 fast, but not quite. I eat about 1,500 cals most days but I have a couple of days a week where I'll eat about 700. I couldn't do the 5-2 because I find it bloody hard to only eat 500 cals or less a day.

I might take up judo soon. I hate doing cardio in the gyms so much, and my ankles aren't what they used to be for hiking. I figure martial arts is the best bet right now.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2013, 12:19 pm

that great,losing weight will make you feel better

FlanMaster
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2013, 6:48 pm

I thought I would offer congratulations and provide this information on body weight exercises (using only your body for resistance exercises). they are simple, yet effective and you always have your gym with you wherever you go.

click here for really cool info on body weight exercises :)