Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Lilya
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2014, 3:44 pm

I had a diagnosis confirmed today. In a way, it was a relief as I've had the symptoms for such long time now and it's good to know the cause finally. Still, I'm fairly new to hearing about the condition and any possible treatments. Does anybody here have any experience about the condition or best ways to ease the symptoms?

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2014, 3:51 pm

Sadly there is no cure for it, and no treatment which is designed for it. It seems to be common in women who are on the spectrum.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

GivePeaceAChance
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2014, 9:54 pm

I was diagnosed in 1993

what helped for me was special exercises and special massage therapy - they also tried swim therapy but the pool jsut made it worse for me and the pain was too much.

Thankfully except for the sleep disorder and some memory problems it is mostly in remission at the moment.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Feb 2014, 11:37 pm

I don't have it but I know a couple meds are used for it including Neurontin/Gabapentin which is more for seizure s but like lots of meds has other uses including fibromyalgia. I take it for OCD which is a more occasional off-label use & it helps it alot & I don't really have any side-effects but I'm taking a low dose. Lyrica/Pregabalin is kind of like a more potent version of Neurontin made by the same company & I think is approved for fibromyalgia. The SSRI antidepressent Cymbalta/Duloxetine is sometimes used for pain including fibromyalgia & might be approved for it. Some other antidepressents are sometimes used for pain or fibromyalgia too including the SNRI Savella/Milnacipran which is more specifically for fibromyalgia than other meds thou it's sometimes used for depression too but not approved for it in the US.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

spinningpixie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Feb 2014, 9:55 am

i was diagnosed about 9 years ago. i've tried some meds without success because i tend to have odd reactions to most medications. i'm currently keeping it under control with regular exercise and diet. i try to avoid the things that i know exacerbate it (like lack of sleep, stress, certain foods) but i still have flair ups. a gentle massage, a warm bath with epsom salts, or some gentle yoga can be helpful when i'm having a bad flair up.