Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2014, 12:09 pm

I really like peanuts, but I've heard that some people are allergic to peanuts

fortunately not me :D

I wonder how many calories are peanuts unfortunately I'm little fatty,so I need to take care to not take more weight.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2014, 1:06 pm

I like all kinds of nuts, almonds, walnuts, pecans, you name it. Mixed nuts are better than candy and those Chex mixes people make with nuts and pretzels during the holidays are awesome! Gardetto's is great, but I'd be just as happy with a bag of melba toast.

I guess it's a good thing I have a dentist appointment tomorrow and can't chew anything crunchy, or I'd be off looking for junk food now... :chin:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2014, 5:48 pm

I'm not a big fan of nuts. I like light, smooth peanut butter with margarine, jam or honey on toast, but not on its own. I generally don't care for desserts or chocolate bars full of nuts, but I looove peanut butter cups! When I was a kid I didn't like brownies if they had chopped nuts in them, it was like you bite into the soft, fudgy brownie and then get the hard little bits of nuts, that would gross me out. I always prefer chocolate covered raisins over peanuts. I like almonds and cashews a lot better than peanuts but they're expensive, and walnuts and pecans are kind of bitter-tasting. I seem to be more sensitive to bitter stuff than most other adults.

I guess I'm more into the sweet, fruity, chewy stuff: raisins and dried fruits. Although I hated raisins baked into cakes and desserts even more than nuts as a kid because of the way they'd get all squishy. Except for butter tarts, they were always good.

Yes some people are dangerously allergic to peanuts. I feel really bad for them because a microscopic speck of peanut can kill them. I never used to hear about peanut allergies as a kid, now they have warning labels on everything, including peanuts and peanut butter! What the hey?!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Mar 2014, 10:03 pm

I like em but I rather cashews

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

runmore
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Apr 2014, 8:14 pm

I'm a fan of peanut butter. Warm & melty.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2014, 1:48 am

I think all nuts are high in calories. I like boiled peanuts though, and I like to get those little packs of salted roasted peanuts and put them in a bottled coke when I drink it. Then I eat the peanuts after all the coke is gone.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com