Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

GreyMatter
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 May 2014, 1:00 pm

IamRob wrote:
For guys shaving can make it worse.the shaving cream can help trap stuff in the pores,i saw it on tv.and since i stopped shaving with razors has helped.i use a hair clipper and things havent been nearly as bad,there is no irritation as well.

The shave rash is when the follicles get infected from cut hairs that grow into the skin. An exfoliating product removing the surface level of skin cells help prevent this.

IamRob
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 May 2014, 4:49 pm

I see,that covers the iritation.the shaving cream made pimples worse,less when i just used soap.i only get a few every once an a while.when i was a teen that was a different story,not as bad as my brother though,i think he had the vulgaric type.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2014, 5:12 pm

GreyMatter wrote:
IamRob wrote:
For guys shaving can make it worse.the shaving cream can help trap stuff in the pores,i saw it on tv.and since i stopped shaving with razors has helped.i use a hair clipper and things havent been nearly as bad,there is no irritation as well.

The shave rash is when the follicles get infected from cut hairs that grow into the skin. An exfoliating product removing the surface level of skin cells help prevent this.

Also, try different products and shaving habits...try some formulated for sensitive skin.

I avoid shaving daily because it's hard on my skin. Every other day is optimal for me. If I must shave daily, I do it right after a nice hot shower...it's always easier on my skin than shaving cold.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2014, 7:12 am

bentonite clay mixed with apple cider vinegar.

apply 'mud' liberally to face/area affected by acne.

leave on for 20 minutes.

wash off with clean, warm water.

dry face and the apply witch hazel.

this will deep clean and close your pores and control acne.

you can get a 2lb jar of clay on amazon for about $12. that much should last about 3 months or more.