Autisic football manager in Georgia USA scores touchdown

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Leester
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2015, 1:43 am

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/local/georgia/2015/10/15/teen-with-autism-is-viral-hit-with-football-moment/73983618/

An autistic manager for high school football who is known for pumping the crowd up, suited up one friday night to score a touchdown that was given to him. The video went viral and now is a world hit.

What do you think of this? It looks interesting.

Rockymtchris
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Nov 2015, 5:02 am

I could picture this dude making a college varsity cheer squad somewhere in the south a few years from now.
(Way louder than I ever thought of getting in my teens, nowdays I guess I could do it if I got drunk enough).

Leester
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2015, 7:32 pm

Rockymtchris wrote:
I could picture this dude making a college varsity cheer squad somewhere in the south a few years from now.
(Way louder than I ever thought of getting in my teens, nowdays I guess I could do it if I got drunk enough).

Do you know this person? Or does he live near where you are?

Rockymtchris
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Nov 2015, 4:24 pm

Nope. I don't live anywhere near Georgia, nor have I ever been farther southeast than Austin, TX.
Locally I did have a male friend who had a communication disorder but was able to make a varsity cheer squad.

Leester
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 4:05 pm

Rockymtchris wrote:
Nope. I don't live anywhere near Georgia, nor have I ever been farther southeast than Austin, TX.
Locally I did have a male friend who had a communication disorder but was able to make a varsity cheer squad.

I was similar to this guy when I was in high school. From 2000-2003. I was a helper on the football team and I would get the team and crowd fired up even more so than the cheerleaders. I would go with them on away games and get them fired up as well. I remember giving a speech at my last football banquet and getting a standing ovation. There was one player in the heat of a close game that told me that I was the heart and soul of the team. I never went on to the field and was given a touchdown (nor did I care) but I was a huge part of the team. This was in Wisconsin and now I live 2100+ miles away from my high school now in southern california and I have moved on with my life, but at the time it was a big part of my life.