Is NBA basketball in June stupid or what?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

TheWhale
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Jun 2005, 5:30 am

I will admit it. I listened to game four on the radio. Yesterday, I woke up. It is June 17th and the NBA is still figuring out who is the best team. Why? Because the league needs all of these extra games to pay the players.

I mean, poor Latrelle Sprewell. Gotta feed that family on just sixteen million a year. How dem kids gonna grow up right and learn to choke dere teachers and coaches properly?

It may take till almost July to crown the champ. Show me one year in the last twenty, where the champ was seeded less than four in its division. Or less than two? Think about it. Maybe the Spurs but who else? The Lakers, celtics, bulls, pistons and rockets all were, akaik. So most of the playoffs serve no purpose but to destroy any incentive to play well the first 82 games. Teams with less than .500 can join the party.

I have ranted enough. What do you think?

Jerry Newport

Prometheus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2005, 8:53 am

Basketball? what is this "NBA" you speak of?

*sighs* and I live in the city of lebron james.

Absolute_Zero
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2005, 11:53 am

General society is severely messed up when people who PLAY GAMES make 50 times more than doctors (LIFE SAVERS) do. Athletes and Movie Stars are at the top of the list for the worlds most undeserving salaries. Drug companies and 'brand name' fashion labels take a close second. I like sports but at the same time have a deep ceded hatred of sports team groupies who try to control everyone else with their collective HIVE. The NHL situation right now is a pretty good example of how pathetic Pro sports is. Guys who prove themselves as star players should be getting maybe ONE million a year. All these guys make demands for big money before they even prove what they can do.

nocturnalowl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jun 2005, 4:45 am

Seeing people play ice hockey in June is odd enough for me. Yeah, I know there can be that odd snowy day in May or so, but ice hockey in June, in Florida,

OOOKAAYYYY..

Seeing hockey players get all this money when there is a smaller market and interest in the game really makes it ridiculous. Why some players need 60 million, I will never, ever, know.

Why so many teams? Why so many mediocre teams in the championship? It shows the weaknesses of conferences and divisions.

Absolute_Zero
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2005, 11:57 am

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! !! !! !! !! I am so poor, I don't have a different supercar to drive for every day of the week!! I am so poor!! ! I'd like to get up behind one of those bastards and Glock them right in the legs.

nocturnalowl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jun 2005, 3:07 am

Well you can say it now, IT'S OVER, IT"S OVER, IT"S OVER. Now just enjoy off-season news and reports for the next 3 to 4 months and repeat the dreaded length agian.

OH YEAH, SPURS WIN!! !!

MrMeaner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jun 2005, 11:32 am

CHAMPS AGAIN!! !!

i live near san antonio and have been a longtime spurs fan so it was a great thing to wake up to (of course i saw the game the night before too) knowing the spurs have 3 under their belt..

GO SPURS GO