Do you think tall people can get away with being very muscul

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2016, 4:52 pm

Do you guys agree that carrying a lot of muscle mass is something which tall people can pull of better than shorter people?

I think a 6ft4 man with loads of muscle will look more attractive to women compared to a 5ft7 with muscle.

jimmyboy76453
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2016, 12:53 pm

I would imagine that you are right; most women think tall stature is an attractive quality. However, I also think that it takes much more muscle for a tall person to look muscular than a short person. 30 pounds of muscle on a 6'4" frame is much more stretched out than the same mass on a 5'3" frame.
I'm tall, and I've been painfully thin all my life. I started lifting weights, and I at least now have a decent shape, but after a few years of lifting, I still look thin. Not the athletic, healthy look I want. I'll keep trying, though.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2016, 3:50 am

Wow, you must get loads of girls OP.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2016, 4:34 am

military trainers will tell you there is a right amount of muscle development, you don't want to become musclebound. also you have to maintain the excess muscle you have or it will turn to flab. muscle is also heavy [relative to fat] and if you work in the military with maximum weight limits, it can work against you in that case. there is a happy medium somewhere, different for each person. there is nothing unattractive about tall and wiry/slender, like that gold medalist phelps, for example.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2016, 7:22 am

If one becomes musclebound, one is more vulnerable to pulled muscles. Plain and simple.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2016, 8:00 am

What? I thought being musclebound was a good thing.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2016, 5:25 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
What? I thought being musclebound was a good thing.

basically it means you have more muscle than you can handle, to where it just gets in the way. it's not like putting a dragster engine on a go-cart.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2016, 7:17 pm

I get it. Like when you're so muscular you can't bend your arms enough to touch your nose.

Sort of like this guy.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2016, 7:21 pm

^^^ugh. :o

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2016, 4:28 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
I get it. Like when you're so muscular you can't bend your arms enough to touch your nose.

Sort of like this guy.

lol. Like anyone can even get that way naturally. Maybe by abusing steroids to the point you could drop dead at any moment from heart failure. The picture looks photo-shopped anyways. I don't know if it's even legit. Anyways, I think this thread is about normal people who are a bit more muscular than average, not freaks.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2016, 6:04 pm

Of course it's photoshopped :)

I was joking. I doubt it's really possible to get so muscular you can't bend your arms enough to touch your nose.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2016, 6:37 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Of course it's photoshopped :)

I was joking. I doubt it's really possible to get so muscular you can't bend your arms enough to touch your nose.

I think in real life as opposed to comics and video games, huge monstrous muscle doesn't equate to being an unstoppable beast. I remember in MMA there was this guy Bob Sapp who was like 350 lbs of muscle and he got his ass kicked by much smaller people all the time. He had so much muscle he just ran out of energy. It was funny. Just because you can lift more than anyone else doesn't necessarily mean your overall fitness level is high. Also, if you take steroids to get huge you can become extremely unhealthy and die just like an obese person. I don't think human beings are designed to look like the hulk. A lot of animals are designed to be much stronger than humans. Compared to most animals of the same size we humans are weaklings. We are slow and weak.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2016, 9:12 pm

the only thing we have over animals is that we can outthink them and outlast them.

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2016, 2:48 pm

I'm pretty sure Humans are the best runners of all animals. Not the fastest obviously for short sprints a Cheetah would easily win. BUT humans can run even ridiculous amounts of 40 and MORE kilometers, no animal can do that without stopping.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2016, 9:02 pm

Yes, we have some of the best stamina levels of the animal kingdom.

Some African tribes still use a technique known as 'persistence hunting', in which the hunter trails an animal until the animal becomes too exhausted to go on, then kill it while it's in a weakened state.

This would apply primarily to at least slightly athletic humans though, otherwise most of us are out-of-shape today.

Aside from the stamina and endurance, we're essentially the nerds of the animal kingdom, who somehow outsmarted the rest.

When it comes to physical combat, apparently an athletic man can overpower a male emu or ostrich of the same size, and deer can also potentially be overpowered. I've seen videos of fit or strong men holding their own against moderate-sized sharks and crocodiles/alligators.

Most other animals the same size however can quickly overwhelm us.