Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Danae
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2016, 8:02 pm

I'd like to lose more weight. In particular belly fat/get my belly/waist more tonic.

A few years ago I gained weight over two years and got really fat. I've lost most of that weight over two years (28 kg), I think that's reasonable.
I know I'm not 20 anymore, I look different, but I'd like to lose 5kg more, I think I'm ready to (I was scared to lose these for some unknown reason). Currently about 57/58 kg (157 cm or about 5'2"), bmi 23.5 aiming bmi 21.
I can't eat well lately due to practical reasons, and don't sleep well and I know these are two keys to weight loss. But I want to start taking care of that now I'm young enough to do so.

What are your tips? Little practical tips would be appreciated. But anything goes.

"Ever since I was a child, I’ve never allowed myself to get too close to people. I’ve avoided emotional attachment. Perhaps I’ve been so afraid of death and dying that any connection just seemed like a bad thing, something that wouldn’t last." Dana Scully - Christmas Carol.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2016, 9:02 pm

Exercise. Did you mention exercise?

I like to get a variety of types. Not at my goal of doing "something" each day, but still working on that.

Danae
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2016, 9:28 pm

Huh *blushes* not much these days. I try, but mostly drag myself out of home. I recently moved and all is fked up in my head, food, sleep, places, I feel far from everything I know. Indoor belly tips exercise? Lol Pathetic, I know.
But I'll lay off the bubbles - and sometimes booze - to go back to water and herbal infusions, already started. It might trigger more action.

Thanks Bea.

"Ever since I was a child, I’ve never allowed myself to get too close to people. I’ve avoided emotional attachment. Perhaps I’ve been so afraid of death and dying that any connection just seemed like a bad thing, something that wouldn’t last." Dana Scully - Christmas Carol.

PuzzlePieces1
Raven
Raven

22 Aug 2016, 11:37 pm

I bought an old set of exercise videos off eBay for about $9. It's called "Turbo Jam". It's a great exercise regimen, because the exercise is really vigorous, but a lot of fun with a mix of aerobics and martial arts. The instructor is a little goofy and completely unintimidating. They put a timer on the screen, so you can track how much time you have left in each exercise segment. I also like the repetition and routine of "Turbo Jam". You might want to check it out.

Danae
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2016, 7:52 am

That might be a possibility, thank you.

What I'd need to lose is more my lower belly, my stomach just needs a bit more muscle. I don't know how to get rid of my lower belly.
I wouldn't be against more tonic boobs. If I lose some weight they'll hopefully be smaller...

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2016, 8:47 am

Danae, kind of the most important thing about exercise is to make it a priority. Do something - anything. Make a goal to do a little something every day, whether 10 minutes in yoga stretches, or a walk around the block, or popping a DVD into your TV or computer, or a class.

Exercise will not only help somewhat with your weight; possibly more important, it makes you feel better, helps you think better, and gets you started on other projects. EXERCISE BRINGS BLOOD TO THE BRAIN AND MAKES IT WORK BETTER. I can't stress that strongly enough, and especially for anyone with executive function problems.

Last edited by BeaArthur on 23 Aug 2016, 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Danae
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2016, 10:10 am

Thank you Bea, that's important to do something indeed. I feel like crap when I don't. I think it was just a blank week. I usually walk everyday and go out for at least one hour when depressed, shower/brush teeth.. Maintain the minimum. I try to go swimming, to the lake for now because it's the summer, I don't imagine swimming in a pool this winter though, too far/late if I want to swim with (ideally no one else) not many other people.
I do more creative things at home, but I feel I need to move. I have to find something that would work on the length.
Thinking about that video idea. I might imagine and build my own programme. I do need structure/a schedule. Definitely not live day by day person...