I CANNOT handle this excess body fat please help

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

nomral
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Dec 2016, 6:52 am

I have extremely high sensitivity in almost every sense and since my endometriosis has gotten to the point where I'm always on my period and constantly in a certain amount of pain my body fat has increased noticeably, to the point where it keeps me up at night and triggers self hitting sessions. It feels horrible and I hate it and if I can't get rid of it soon I think I may take a knife to it. I used to be moderately active before this happened, but now I often physically CAN'T exercise, and although I'm trying to avoid medications that won't alter my weight, my hormones are f****d and are probably affecting me. Fat also causes gender dysphoria for me because I view it as feminine.

Here's what should be different:
When I move, nothing should jiggle except my breasts, thighs, and butt (which I haven't been able to get rid of ever and have become more numb)
When I kneel down and fold myself over (I have to do this every morning and every evening), my stomach shouldn't touch the tops of my legs and it shouldn't take effort on my part to keep that from happening.
When I'm sideways, my stomach should not "droop" to one side.
When I'm standing and my arms are hanging down casually, they should not touch my ribcage unless I intentionally squeeze them in.
When I'm sitting with my legs curled under me and lean in the direction of my legs, the skin should be concave, not convex.
I should not have s**t hanging down underneath my upper arms.

From my basic estimate, I need to lose 10-15lb, which means I'll probably have to spend more than a month working on it. How do I get myself to handle that with minimal self hitting episodes?

Also, how do I lose weight when often physical activity is not an option for me? For anyone who knows endometriosis, what exercises can I do on pain days (which are eevery day for me) that won't increase the pain at all? Also, I don't particularly like the sensory aspects of eating but I need to eat with a certain frequency to keep my blood sugar up (low blood sugar makes mental illness and sensory issues skyrocket), so completely starving myself will not work for me. And what can I do for healthy eating on a very tight budget (I can't work full time anymore) and without having to spend a lot of time cooking and cleaning (I love cooking, but it hurts so on some days I can't rely on being able to cook for myself). Processed food makes me sick to my stomach anyway so it'd be great to cut that out but right now I haven't found good alternatives that will actually give me protein (fruits are easy though).

(Please, no advice on fixing the endometriosis itself unless you're a doctor or someone who's gone through the same thing, because I'm working on it and people who haven't done extensive research just keep giving the same unhelpful advice over and over and it inevitably derails the conversation)

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 7:43 am

It is possible to lose weight without exercise but it means switching your diet to a really strict healthy plant based one. I lost a ton of weight by literally cutting out all oils/meat/dairy and sticking to natural carbs like rice/lentils/potatoes and eating a lot of green veg. Fruit smoothies for breakfast/lunch for the sugar. I also do gluten free on everything and drink 3 litres of water per day to get rid of the water weight. You could try some walking if you feel up to it since that's probs the easiest, pretty sure there was a morbidly obese dude who just went to the store to buy his individual meals every day and he lost a lot of weight by going there a bunch of times.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 7:53 pm

What about one of the lowest impact exercises possible: aquasize? I bet your local swimming pool has a class.

Hexen
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Jan 2017, 9:13 pm

Lunella wrote:
It is possible to lose weight without exercise but it means switching your diet to a really strict healthy plant based one. I lost a ton of weight by literally cutting out all oils/meat/dairy and sticking to natural carbs like rice/lentils/potatoes and eating a lot of green veg. Fruit smoothies for breakfast/lunch for the sugar. I also do gluten free on everything and drink 3 litres of water per day to get rid of the water weight. You could try some walking if you feel up to it since that's probs the easiest, pretty sure there was a morbidly obese dude who just went to the store to buy his individual meals every day and he lost a lot of weight by going there a bunch of times.

There needs to be protein in there. Count calories and see if you are allergic to dairy by not having dairy for a few days, or simply take lactaid pills with dairy and see how you feel. I recently tried a dairy-free diet and I feel WAY less bloated and my arthritis hasn't acted up at all in the past week.