Are there any other Carnivores here?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Oafin
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Dec 2018, 6:35 pm

I am looking for other carnivores or zero carb eaters to talk with, enthusiastic keto eaters as well.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2018, 7:25 pm

I'm interested in Low Carb High Fat. Still having stuff like Avacados, Walnuts, Pecans, or Salads. Often in a pinch getting burgers to go and just tossing the bun. There are places that offer bunless, but it still seems like a hassle or something like it's a special custom order thing.

I asked for Bunless at 5 Guys Burger n' Fries as it says on their Menu and the clerk is asking me do I have allergies or something. I don't want to get into explaining my food choices as if simply not wanting my food on a bun is that culturally strange.

I would be interested in hearing preferences in restaurants from Low Carb, Paleo, or Carnivore eaters.

Oafin
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Dec 2018, 7:38 pm

I was on a strict ketogenic diet for most of 2017 and then I moved to the carnivore diet at the end of 2017. I do not know where you live but where I live most restaurants have a low carb burger and many places will sub in a salad for other sides, cottage cheese is another widely available substitute. I have even had place offer up an extra hamburger paddy or sausage links as substitutes. In n out burgers is famous for their "Protein style" double double and the also their flying dutchman which is just meat and cheese. I pretty much cook all my own food now, i eat a couple of steaks per day, I pack them in a glass dish with a liquid tight lid.

Oafin
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Dec 2018, 4:19 pm

Deosn't anyone like to eat meat?

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 Dec 2018, 4:25 pm

All protein doesn't sound very healthy or balanced to me.

I have meat sometimes, perhaps once or twice a week. I just generally go for a balance. I've had vegetarian phases and so has my sister.

I do quite a lot of running so need efficient carbo fuel.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2018, 4:35 pm

I'm on a keto diet but I don't eat that much meat on it, mainly fat.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2018, 12:14 am

I eat meat, rice, eggs, pasta, bread, milk products and potatoes. Orher than potatoes or strained tomato sauce, I dont eat any vegetables or fruit.

I eat this way due to restrictions on my diet placed by chronic illnesses I have, not because I am picky.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2018, 12:43 am

I don't eat a lot of meat because it is expen$ive and I am not comfortably middle-class. I eat canned mackerel and tuna and chicken as it is cheaper and supplies the needed proteins in addition to brown rice and beans and cheddar along with tomato sauce/paste, those are all my staple dietary items.