Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2017, 9:24 am

I rarely drink. I shouldn’t drink at all because I’m under 21, but nobody follows that. I’ve never gotten drunk...I stop at half a glass of wine or half a beer because I don’t care to get drunk. I stop when I feel just a tiny bit calmer...and I have a low tolerance, so that doesn’t take much for me.

I’m curious, are Aspies less likely to be big drinkers?

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2017, 10:15 am

Maybe once every 2 months or so, I will have a couple of glasses of wine, or 1-2 beers. I don't enjoy being drunk.

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2017, 10:23 am

I've drank beer once back at a previous college. Kind of wish I could get more but due to some complications, I cannot right now.

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2017, 11:17 am

I drink socially, though I suspect I'll be even less of a drinker now that I've gone vegan: to my horror, wine - which I adore - is very often not vegan even if it still is vegetarian.
As for getting drunk... methinks I can do without any more of that! From my pub-going college days I'd tend to get very silly and inappropriate. :D

elbowgrease
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2017, 11:30 am

I don't drink at all. I never really have. Basically, enough to know that i don't need to drink. I have experimented with it, but I've never liked it. It brings out the absolute worst part of me, and makes me feel terrible for days afterwards physically. Occasionally, every few years or so, I'll forget why I don't drink. So I'll buy some wine or something and drink it and almost immediately remember all the reasons that I don't drink.
The last time was about four years ago. I drank about half a bottle of wine, argued with the wall of my sailboat for a few hours, then threw up and passed out for about eighteen hours. Had a hangover for days. It's like that every time, so I don't do it, and really don't have a desire to.

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2017, 12:30 pm

Alot. Sometimes a bottle at a sitting. I hate sobriety with a burning passion. Drugs and liquor are my primary reasons for living.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

05 Dec 2017, 9:16 pm

I was straight-edge for years after me & my 1st girlfriend broke up. She was 15 & had issues with drugs & alcohol & I tried to get her to stop. I was sort of rebelling against those things after the breakup. I do drink occasionally nowadays but it's mostly as a way of relaxing. It's usually at home usually after I've done some chores that day & my girlfriend isn't home but I also drink occasionally when she is. I do drink in social situations where beer is available but that's not often at all. I don't drink more than two beers because alcohol makes me tired. I never been drunk but I think I would just pass out rather than lose control. I have a tremor disorder that alcohol can help & I have drank some for that reason in the past but I take Klonopin nowadays when it's acting up or I'm going to do something where it may. I also take a med regularly to help with the tremors too.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2017, 9:24 pm

A bit now and then. Wine with dinner or a splash of brandy in hot milk (with cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom) before bed. A bottle of brandy will last me a good two years.

I heard about this strange thing called Fireball and brought some home - it's really cute, so it's in the nightcap rotation now. (Also makes an amazing pumpkin custard.)

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2017, 6:54 pm

Kiki1256 wrote:
I rarely drink. I shouldn’t drink at all because I’m under 21, but nobody follows that.

Having a minimum drinking age of 21 seems quite prudish to me. I thought you were meant to be the land of the free, not the land of overly restrictive laws.

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2017, 6:56 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Kiki1256 wrote:
I rarely drink. I shouldn’t drink at all because I’m under 21, but nobody follows that.

Having a minimum drinking age of 21 seems quite prudish to me. I thought you were meant to be the land of the free, not the land of overly restrictive laws.

^ I couldn't agree more.

Mr_Miner
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Dec 2017, 2:22 am

I don't drink. Maybe a social beer in the past when a friend who had his own alcohol issues wanted me to. But I never liked how it made me feel. For other people it seems to this thing that makes them happy and talkative. Like a euphoria when they use it. Nothing like that for me. I either feel slightly different but not happy or I get sick and throw up. I have only drank so much I did not remember and truly got "drunk" I guess one time. I did not like the stories of what I did the next day. I had no idea what happened and I got so sick. All I know is I woke up in a bathroom.

My drug of choice is weed. Lucky for me it's legal and easy to buy. I always feel good remembering what I did last night when the drunks do not.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2017, 7:58 pm

Not as much as I used to.

The Musings Of The Lost
Toucan
Toucan

10 Dec 2017, 1:20 am

crystaltermination wrote:
I drink socially, though I suspect I'll be even less of a drinker now that I've gone vegan: to my horror, wine - which I adore - is very often not vegan even if it still is vegetarian.
As for getting drunk... methinks I can do without any more of that! From my pub-going college days I'd tend to get very silly and inappropriate. :D

What about wine isn't vegan?

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2017, 12:45 pm

The Musings Of The Lost wrote:

It's often the additives used in the production of wine: isinglass (fish bladders), casein (milk protein) and gelatin (meat protein) to name a few. There are vegan wines out there though, but labeling them as such is not always a brand's highest priority. Due to all of this I think when I'm inevitably down the pub this Christmas I'll just be ordering a Jack Daniels neat - now that was a pleasant (vegan) surprise! :)

The Musings Of The Lost
Toucan
Toucan

10 Dec 2017, 10:04 pm

crystaltermination wrote:
The Musings Of The Lost wrote:

It's often the additives used in the production of wine: isinglass (fish bladders), casein (milk protein) and gelatin (meat protein) to name a few. There are vegan wines out there though, but labeling them as such is not always a brand's highest priority. Due to all of this I think when I'm inevitably down the pub this Christmas I'll just be ordering a Jack Daniels neat - now that was a pleasant (vegan) surprise! :)

Oh ok. I didn't know they put in casein in. You said that they were vegetarian, so I thought you were referring to the ones without gelatin or isinglass.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2017, 11:52 pm

Haven't had a drink in a few years, I never really liked alcohol. Alcohol doesn't make me social, it just makes me tired and tipsy, it costs a lot here too. Alcohol wouldn't be doing my digestive issues any good either. I prefer weed instead, it's cheaper, more fun and doesn't leave me hung over the next day.