What are your food habits and diet views?

Page 4 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2023, 5:36 pm

I just try to use common sense, with a general ideology that the hippies had it about right with their emphasis on natural wholefoods and organic. If there's evidence that a particular food is in some way toxic, I'll seriously consider not eating it. So generally speaking, excess calories, junk food, and anything containing artificial stuff is out. Meat and alcohol are both associated with health problems so I don't bother with those either. I wouldn't bother with meat anyway because it's hard to stop it getting infected.

I only do vitamin and mineral supplements when I have good evidence that I'm not getting enough, and even then I'd rather get the extra from food, if it's possible and cost-effective. If I do use a supplement, I try to mix it with the kind of food that contains some of that vitamin or mineral. Perhaps surprisingly, what I do eat is tasty enough, and I don't know of anything that tastes any better. This idea that if it tastes good then it's bad for you doesn't seem correct at all, at least in my case.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2023, 5:38 pm

I prefer my daily bread to have cheese, tomato sauce, pepperoni, mushrooms and peppers on top.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2023, 5:44 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
I prefer my daily bread to have cheese, tomato sauce, pepperoni, mushrooms and peppers on top.

You must be talking about holy bread, a.k.a pizza.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2024, 12:31 pm

So few months after, I find that mine can get a bit more complicated.

It's not simply just what and how much I eat anymore...
It's also when and how much throughout the day.

I can fast but...
With my current sleeping cycle and lifestyle activities, it may not ideal for me to follow the usual patterns of eating.

I hate it.
Even when it came to food, the usuals are not as healthy or effective for me.
No more references again except my own.

Why??
First it's because of my long ignored family history. It's my paternal's side of the family that have those metabolic issues.
Plenty of my elders of that side of the family messed up often when it came to food and other consumptions...

Second it's this mess of a sleep schedule.
It may not be as simple as getting my chronotype... It might not be the usual 8-10 hr monophasic sleep; it quickly became the case as soon as I quit my day job.

Third would be something vague; something I hadn't explored.
Something I've yet to tell what it is because I've been coping and largely ignoring everyday multiple symptoms since childhood.

How this tied in??
The states I wake up every damn time, the changes I get every hours and every other week.
It's like my body has this stupid sensitivity, this stupid thin threshold of too little and too much.

It takes me hours to be 'well' after waking. That is, if not 'forced' and if I'm given a chance to transition.
It's not my fricking head -- it's too physical.
My whole body is involved. It's more than just 'cannot get used to it because EF issues'; but like 'cannot get used to it because I'm fricking sick'.

Sometimes it's the damn gut, sometimes it's the blood flow and nerves, sometimes it felt like exhaustion and hunger and thirst even if I only slept for an hour and lasted longer than I slept.

Chances are I may need something complicated. Like every hour monitoring to make sense of this crap that is my body.

But I can't exactly afford that, can't I?
And I wouldn't just blab the whole thing because I don't want to worry anyone. Or worse, give me incomplete and 'usual but will never work for me' advices again. :x

And I likely I don't need the usual stuff like count calories and all that crap.
I don't need that -- weight is irrelevant to me. I need something else. Something much closer and relevant to the fricking hormones.

Other than choosing only one; stopping what's unhealthy and pleasurable yet kept choosing something a bit pleasurable and healthier, or try hard eating healthy but also coping by consuming something unhealthy and pleasurable...

At any rate; it turns out I'm great at ignoring high blood sugar level symptoms. :lol: Yet suck at ignoring low blood sugar levels.
But worry not much, it only lasts for about few hours before I stop acting like a damn diabetic.

Diabetes... I hate diabetes. :roll:
It the crap that runs in my family. And no, not that no one runs in my family -- heck, I do.

I also had to defy the norms of eating from where I came from. Cutting off rice? That's huge from where I came from.
Others think it's some dietary fad...

And having to wrestle my fricking head away from cravings and what not. All the more reason to hate the need for eating -- not as bad as I hate sleep.

And I've yet to figure what the heck is up with my sodium levels. Not only I deal with cramps, but also certain nerve issues and blood flow related issues.
Not only during the day, but also and somehow most especially at nighttime.

Then I hadn't mentioned my menstrual cycle at all of this, yet.
I cannot yet do that; the whole "eat certain stuff for a week so in the next week, so to prevent whatever symptom afterwards".

Even if had experienced the contrast of that, so far I hadn't.
All because of even more quantities of distraction; my own body is already troublesome enough.

It's only barely a week since I left my job and therefore have more time and space to actually try with way less distractions.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2024, 4:17 pm

Had lots of difficulties with food as a child and still have some as an adult. As a kid it was smells and textures that were not easy to deal with. I also have a preference for cold food over hot

Had eating disorders as a teen too just to add to it.

Was then diagnosed with aspergers in my 30's and the food thing started making sense.

I have a pretty simple diet and its mostly just the same stuff over and over.

vergil96
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Jan 2024, 5:59 pm

I have plenty of food allergies and digestive issues:
- celiac disease / intolerance to gluten
- allergy to nuts and shellfish
- lactose intolerance
- hypoglycemia
- stomach over-acidity
- IBS (I stick to low-FODMAP)
- frequent nausea
Yes, it's very hard. I don't know how people struggle to lose weight.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2024, 6:05 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

You must be talking about holy bread, a.k.a pizza.

Yes, the food of the gods. :heart:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う