Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2023, 10:44 pm

How often do you forget to eat?

When you forget to eat, what are you doing?

How long is the longest you have ever gone without eating? What was the situation?

How long is the longest you have gone without sleeping? What was the situation?

Campingbare
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Nov 2023, 10:53 pm

When I am fully engrossed in one of my special interests, I can forget a meal or two. Not a whole day though. Hunger hits hard after 3rd mealtime.

I have only gone about 26 hours without sleep. Busy with a project of course.

Meyer-Briggs: INTP Comorbidities: Narcolepsy, NPD, Alexithemia, Dyspraxia, Prosopagnosia, Anomia, IBS
........................If God meant for us to go around naked, we'd have been born that way........................

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2023, 6:35 am

The only time I can remember ever forgetting to eat was after the birth of my kid. I think I forgot to eat for a couple of days. Or just didn't find time.

Otherwise I'm very fixated on food. I eat all the emotions.

I did once do a juice fast, so I wasn't eating anything, just drinking juiced fruits and vegetables. I did that for 26 days and I got out of bed that last morning and promptly passed out and cracked my head on a table on the way down. When i came around I felt like I'd been convulsing or something. So I decided it was time to put a stop to that particular experiment.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2023, 12:43 pm

When I was younger my social worker used to say to me: babybird, you can't live on cigarettes and tins of coke alone. I did do though.

I think up until I was in my early 30s I could probably get away with eating one or two meals a week. Food was never something that really interested me. I never felt hungry.

I eat regularly now. Just three small meals a day. Sometimes I go mental and stuff my face until I can barely breathe but that's very rare.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2023, 9:40 pm

I don't often forget to eat. Lunch is the meal I can easily go without though. When working it's easy to forget my afternoon snack. Probably because I'm still full from lunch.

The longest I've gone without food was four days. I was in my early 20s and I caught a stomach bug. Everything I ate seemed to take a shortcut through my body and I had to be by a litterbox at all times. So I stopped eating. On day four I went to the doctor and had blood tests. I'd had salmonella poisoning. By the time I got the results I was feeling much better and eating again.

I have stayed awake for New Year's Eve a number of times and not gone to sleep until the following night.

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2023, 11:16 am

I love food to much to forget to eat. Once in a while I may put off a meal if it isn't convenient at that time

vergil96
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Jan 2024, 5:53 pm

I forget to eat and don't completely know how to prevent it. I'm working on it, but it's hard. I think the longest I went without eating was a few days, but I was exhausted and nervous, usually I eat at least once a day. I try not to, because I shake from hunger and feel weak (well, one meal isn't enough for a 175cm tall person...) and can't focus, I try to make food in advance, take snacks with me and have meals at regular times.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2024, 8:14 pm

Until I started to get bored with everything recently, focussing deeply on things that fascinated me was a great way to avoid eating too much. But now eating is pretty much the only thing I know of that interests me and makes my life a bit more bearable. So I'm going to have to be careful or I'll tub out and get obesity-related health problems.