How to loose weight? What would be a healthy weight?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Richard2989
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Aug 2020, 3:31 pm

I am 5'4" and slowly losing weight. I eliminated sugar from my diet and cut out tea, coffee, pop, junk food. So what would be a healthy weight at 5'4"?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2020, 3:54 pm

You should consult your physician.  Healthy weight varies from one person to another, even for people of the same height.

AmeliaOgden
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Aug 2020, 2:49 am

First of all you need to consult with a doctor. You might be allergic to some products, that's why you loose weight slowly. Also try to live more active life, find your favorite sport

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2020, 2:59 am

Richard2989 wrote:
I am 5'4" and slowly losing weight. I eliminated sugar from my diet and cut out tea, coffee, pop, junk food. So what would be a healthy weight at 5'4"?

for men of your height, 117 - 143 lbs. for women of your height, 108 - 132 lbs. you don't need to cut out coffee, getting rid of tea is prolly good as it reduces your body's oxalic acid load, giving your kidneys a break. if you avoid wheat and oats [gluten and gliadin] that will help your gut better process the remaining food you eat, that was my experience, i consistently gained weight every time i tried to reintroduce those things to my diet. make it a daily habit to work up a sweat exercising via interval training, where you either walk or run or bicycle or do jump-roping or such, full-tilt for up to 3 minutes straight [you'll start at 30 seconds at a time, then work up gradually], then cruise for 3 minutes [eventually that will reduce to 30 seconds], then full-tilt, then cruise, repeat 8 times. the copious sweat that will result will clean out your system and burn a lot of calories and maximise both your aerobic and anaerobic fitness. if you follow this regimen in addition to cutting out sugars [anything white like table sugar, rice, pasta, potatoes and corn] you WILL lose weight and maintain said weight loss.