No one wants to see me without a shirt on

Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 2:12 pm

I workout with weights/exercise alot yet no one wants to see me without a shirt on.......

Is it because i am under average height at 5ft7 1/2 that somehow makes my body aesthetically displeasing? Or does society view the male body ugly by default?

And yes I have got stomach/chest hair

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 2:35 pm

I'm no expert at sex appeal (I'm asexual) but I have no ide why this is either. Height discrimination with men is unfortunately a thing in some circles, so it could be that.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 2:36 pm

James is not THAT much below average height....he's about three inches taller than I am.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 2:57 pm

Yeah, but from what I've heard the accepted height for men in those who discriminate based on height is 6 foot or above.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 3:10 pm

Once women get over a certain maturity level, height matters less.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 3:20 pm

NaturalEntity wrote:
Yeah, but from what I've heard the accepted height for men in those who discriminate based on height is 6 foot or above.

Why does being a short man make your body any less appealing to look at though?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 3:23 pm

I wish I was as "short" as you :wink:

Your height is not particularly short.....

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 3:54 pm

Jamesy wrote:
NaturalEntity wrote:

Why does being a short man make your body any less appealing to look at though?

I don't know. All I know is that some circles have a preference for tall handsome looking men and will mock the shorter ones relentlessly. It's stupid really.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 3:58 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I workout with weights/exercise alot yet no one wants to see me without a shirt on.  Is it because i am under average height at 5ft7 1/2 that somehow makes my body aesthetically displeasing?  Or does society view the male body ugly by default?  And yes I have got stomach/chest hair
For some weird reason, I immediately thought of a man walking up to a group of women and asking, "Y'wanna see me without my shirt on?"  I hope this is not what you are doing.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 4:26 pm

Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
I workout with weights/exercise alot yet no one wants to see me without a shirt on.  Is it because i am under average height at 5ft7 1/2 that somehow makes my body aesthetically displeasing?  Or does society view the male body ugly by default?  And yes I have got stomach/chest hair
For some weird reason, I immediately thought of a man walking up to a group of women and asking, "Y'wanna see me without my shirt on?"  I hope this is not what you are doing.

Nope

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 5:32 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Nope
Then what makes you think no one wants to see you without a shirt on?  Whether true or not, why does it bother you?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 5:46 pm

Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Nope
Then what makes you think no one wants to see you without a shirt on?  Whether true or not, why does it bother you?

It bothers me because I put a lot of hard work into lifting weights and trying to develop a great physique.

I mean anyone who works out will develop an attractive body right? :?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 5:50 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Nope
It bothers me because I put a lot of hard work into lifting weights.
So ... vanity ... you want to be the center of attention, to be praised, and to be admired.
Jamesy wrote:
I mean anyone who works out will develop an attractive body right?
No.  Some people just look muscle-bound.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 5:52 pm

Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Nope
It bothers me because I put a lot of hard work into lifting weights.
So ... vanity ... you want to be the center of attention, to be praised, and to be admired.
Jamesy wrote:
I mean anyone who works out will develop an attractive body right?
No.  Some people just look muscle-bound.

Muscle bound is a good look right?

By the way I am an average looking guy so how can I possibly be vain if I hate looking at my face in the mirror.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 6:00 pm

I really don't think it has anything to do with your height. 5'7" isn't that short anyways.

When are you shirtless around people? If people aren't paying attention to you it's because most people don't care about shirtless men, and if they are actively telling you to put on a shirt then you're probably in a social situation where it's unacceptable to not have a shirt on.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 6:02 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I really don't think it has anything to do with your height. 5'7" isn't that short anyways.

When are you shirtless around people? If people aren't paying attention to you it's because most people don't care about shirtless men, and if they are actively telling you to put on a shirt then you're probably in a social situation where it's unacceptable to not have a shirt on.

I walk shirtless around my house when my parents are around and they don’t like it at all and get disgusted by it etc