Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2024, 11:04 pm

What cause heart attacks? I don’t know if I had one or getting one later, I been reading about heart attacks online, I been getting tightness in my chest trying to get air, this happens at night. There been heart problems in my family. I’m going to the doctor Friday. The symptoms got worse when I moved to the group home.

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2024, 1:20 am

Good chance you are suffering from anxiety instead

traven
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2024, 2:03 am

i found that's from menopause, it comes with the hot flashes,
..that might just be me though idk :?

Hot flashes are thought to occur when a drop in estrogen (or changes in other hormones) disrupts the body's natural thermostat, known as the hypothalamus. Other symptoms include sweating, reddening of the skin, headaches, lightheadedness, and heart palpitations. https://www.verywellhealth.com/what-cau ... se-5186829

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2024, 4:48 am

Mine were caused by a hidden arterial defect.  Two stents and a lot of medication seem to keep me outta trouble.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2024, 4:51 am

keep sn eye out for the odd allergy, it is soaring afterall ..plants very busy this Soring..but always gotta write disclaimer: not meant to be medical Advise, consult ohysician if symptom persist.. Having said that, I am find more and more Aspies I meet are getting
more immuno dysregulation. ( over responsive). And this created some pretty unique allergic symptoms at least for me . Keeping a overactive immune system under control, can be a handful . One poor fellow even had his throat swell closed . On him 2x . hospital both times .. got meds .But I actually think his issue was improper nutrition.

Have had to deal with a raft of symptoms ...stuff, i never knew could possibly be allergic reaction.
Go figure : Maybe extra nerve wiring in the brain might mean hyper active immune system? Especially as one ages. :oops:
Hope its nothing more serious T/C please!

where ever you go ,there you are

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2024, 11:59 pm

I also get tightness in my throat, like something blocking it, I can have trouble getting air, this also happens when I lay down, alot of the times, I can't get comfortable, if I sleep on my side, my left arm can hurt so much & get so numb, I can't sleep on my stomach, I can have more trouble breathing. I been getting indigestion everyday, it can me little sick, it maybe eating different foods. I'm just learning what foods are not good for Psoriasis, I HATE giving up foods that I love like cheese, egg, spaghetti, macaroni & cheese, I don't know what else.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2024, 12:05 am

I've never had a heart attack so I'm not sure except for what you'd read online about women's heart attack symptoms.

Your doctor will likely send you for EKG tests if they suggest heart problems. Sometimes they'll send people home to wear a monitor for 48 hours or up to a few weeks.

I hope things start to calm down for you soon and you can sleep better.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2024, 5:48 am

ProfessorJohn wrote:
Good chance you are suffering from anxiety instead

This does sound like a possibility based on what Kitty has said.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2024, 12:33 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
I also get tightness in my throat, like something blocking it, I can have trouble getting air, this also happens when I lay down, alot of the times, I can't get comfortable, if I sleep on my side, my left arm can hurt so much & get so numb, I can't sleep on my stomach, I can have more trouble breathing. I been getting indigestion everyday, it can me little sick, it maybe eating different foods. I'm just learning what foods are not good for Psoriasis, I HATE giving up foods that I love like cheese, egg, spaghetti, macaroni & cheese, I don't know what else.

Sorry Kitty ... as you get older all the crappy but loved diet stuff catches up to you , in the worst way.....its almost part of growing up I found , little stuff like a small gluten intolerance( breads , pastas, stuff made from those things become bad for your system. And small Gluten intolerance can turn into large ones ,overtime. Stuff you take for granted in your diet, that a yonger body will tolerate , become. no , no s. at whatever age your body chooses.. normal sugar creates all its own issues, if you find your sensative .. dull allergy feelings get worse, and no one suspects that the foods you eat can actually undermine your immune system . Setting you up for all sorts of other weird things going on in your body..
This can be tough stuff to learn . Because everyones immune system could be very different from the next persons.
Even some people end up with allergies to some nuts and not others :roll: ?.Peanuts and peanut made products can be a issue for some people.. Allergies come in many unexpected issues ( things).Even a cough .
A stuffy nose could be slight allergy, that can get out of hand , Post nasal drip can be allergy related. And if you get that down your throat, in a deep sleep , some people it gets into the airways, while asleep . Next thing you know after a while you end up with breathing problems , and the nasal drip stuff gives you an infection in the upper airways .
And then some doc is telling you , you have pneumonia., Meanwhile, if somebody had told you , that it is hard to avoid every little allergy. but you need to pay attn. to them.. ( That if only you knew to take a over the counter. antihistamine
( zyrtec or whatever your choice) at bedtime , your bronchitus or post nasal drip would never turned into possible, life threatening pnuemonia . Which complications can kill alot of people, and have. Please take care of you, be your own best Doctor, Nobody knows your body like you .
FYI [ Birdseye has been making frozen """vegatable""" Pastas for years, and good price]

where ever you go ,there you are