Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Canadian Freedom Lover
Raven
Raven

06 May 2024, 8:03 pm

Hello everyone,

I recently found out that I may have non alcoholic fatty liver disease. I was wondering if anyone else on here has had it and if so what did you do to recover?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Canadian Freedom Lover

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2024, 10:39 pm

I was born with a liver condition and high liver enzymes. I've had both conditions all my life and now I have cysts on my liver (and kidneys, and other bits). I had a liver biopsy in 2015. I can't remember what they were looking for. Everything seemed to be status quo. I don't do anything special for it but I suppose it could progress to NAFLD or Cirrhosis, even though I don't drink and I'm not overweight.

Wait for the test results and your doctor will tell you what to do, if anything. I don't know of any liver meds (the very idea sounds counterintuitive), but vitamins and antioxidants might help.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 May 2024, 2:15 am

Years ago my girlfriend was told she had fatty liver. Cass almost never drinks so it would def be non-alcholic. She has various other issues they were testing for & the fatty liver wasn't something her docs really explored. About all the doc said about it was that she had a fatty liver & the doc suggested taking vitamin E supplements. We don't know if the E is actually helping with that or not though :shrug: At least vitamin E supplements are usually pretty safe if you don't excede their recomended dosage & not very expensive. I would still recomend researching first to be safe, especially if you have other issues & taking other supplements or meds. I read online that there are some meds that might help fatty liver but I was researching for other things & didn't focus much on that.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition