Page 1 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2007, 2:09 pm

College has already started. NFL kicks off tonight with the Colts/Saints game.

Anyone want to talk American football, college or pro? Predictions? Someone must've heard about the Michigan/Appalachian State game? I still can't stop laughing about that one.

skater_chick101
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Sep 2007, 3:48 pm

THE COLTS IZ GONNA WIN

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2007, 7:01 pm

I'm watching Louisville v Mid Tenn State and the 1st quarter is being a very high scoring affair.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2007, 10:57 pm

jason david looked horrible. i don't get why the saints play man coverage....it doesn't work...ever.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

07 Sep 2007, 8:53 pm

peyton manning&marvin harrison are my heros. i have three pretty good manning rookies and one MH rookie. once brett breaks dans records Peyton is ultimatley gonna break his :D

QL
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Sep 2007, 4:39 am

I don't know about that now. :) Brett is gunna play another season I think maybe another after that if his body holds up. People really don't know how far and away Brett is statistically than other QBs. Brett has had 8 seasons with over 30 TDs compared to Peyton's 2. The next closest to him is like 4. I think he may have another in him to but I'm a homer. :P Peyton will probably get the all time yardage though. It's crazy to think where Brett's stats would be if Sterling Sharpe's career didn't end so early.

BubbaHoTep
Toucan
Toucan

08 Sep 2007, 7:17 am

My favorite time of the year! I prefer the college game and I'm a huge Texas Longhorns fan. Hopefully they will redeem themselves today against TCU after nearly pulling a Michigan last week.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2007, 7:39 am

It's rugby. RUGBY!

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2007, 11:35 am

Anubis wrote:
It's rugby. RUGBY!

Not in America, nobody cares about rugby here. They don't even televise it. :P

Anybody watching Marshall give WV a run for the money on ESPN2?

skater_chick101
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Sep 2007, 11:47 am

richardbenson wrote:
peyton manning&marvin harrison are my heros. i have three pretty good manning rookies and one MH rookie. once brett breaks dans records Peyton is ultimatley gonna break his :D

They were good the first game I was suprised

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2007, 5:31 pm

skater_chick101 wrote:
richardbenson wrote:

They were good the first game I was suprised

i have their defense in fantasy football....i hope they keep up like the saints game..i'll play them every week and win.

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2007, 6:17 pm

I'm going to try to watch some Packer games... being a person from Wisconsin.

I'm not too excited... but I love to root for the underdogs.

I'm kind of burned out with Watching Sports though... watched way too many Brewers games this summer.

Wanting more than what I have might appear as greed.

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2007, 6:37 pm

I just saw the most insane review of a play I've ever seen in the Fresno St. Texas A&M game. It went into overtime at 29. Texas A & M got a field goal to go up 32-29. On Fresno's possession they threw a playaction pass where the receiver ran in very close to TD by the sideline but dropped the ball around the goal trying to extend the ball which would have been a fumble which ended the game. They reviewed the play and upheld the original call that the receiver was out of bounds at the 1. Then before they could snap it the officials decided to review the play again. On the review of the review they reversed their call and called it a fumble by the receiver recovered by Texas A&M but assessed a half the distance to the goal penalty for roughing the passer against Texas A&M so it would be first down Fresno at the 12. The Fresno coach then runs over to the Texas A&M sideline wondering why the original call wasn't upheld and both coaches start arguing with the referees. When the coaches go back to the sidelines it's first down Fresno at the 12. Fresno sent it to double OT with a field goal. And scored a TD in the second overtime so it is now 39-32 Fresno. I hope Fresno wins, I don't like A&M.

BubbaHoTep
Toucan
Toucan

10 Sep 2007, 7:23 am

GoatOnFire wrote:
I just saw the most insane review of a play I've ever seen in the Fresno St. Texas A&M game. It went into overtime at 29. Texas A & M got a field goal to go up 32-29. On Fresno's possession they threw a playaction pass where the receiver ran in very close to TD by the sideline but dropped the ball around the goal trying to extend the ball which would have been a fumble which ended the game. They reviewed the play and upheld the original call that the receiver was out of bounds at the 1. Then before they could snap it the officials decided to review the play again. On the review of the review they reversed their call and called it a fumble by the receiver recovered by Texas A&M but assessed a half the distance to the goal penalty for roughing the passer against Texas A&M so it would be first down Fresno at the 12. The Fresno coach then runs over to the Texas A&M sideline wondering why the original call wasn't upheld and both coaches start arguing with the referees. When the coaches go back to the sidelines it's first down Fresno at the 12. Fresno sent it to double OT with a field goal. And scored a TD in the second overtime so it is now 39-32 Fresno. I hope Fresno wins, I don't like A&M.

But alas it was not to be... I'm amazed the aggroids win as much as they do running that high school offense. Will be interesting to see how they do against Miami in two weeks.

Wisguy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2007, 11:26 am

Howabout that punt returner for the Eagles?

:lol:

Mike

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2007, 11:59 am

After one week my Cowboys lead the league in scoring, and Tony Romo leads the league in passing yards and passing TDs (tied with several others with 4, although Romo has 5 TDs if you count his rushing TD). :D

If only the defense played better, that has me nervous. :?