Do I have a Systemic Yeast Infection?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Uranus
Toucan
Toucan

02 May 2009, 3:33 pm

About 6 years ago I had a very stressful experience. During this, i developed symptoms of a cold over and over again. There would be times when my coughing never stopped, even when it felt like the cold was over. I would also get a lot of yellow Phlegm in the back of my throat which i still have to this day. I has caused slight breathing problems in the past, but it was not asthma as i passed an Asthma test. I started using mouthwash which helped a little but the Phlegm is still there.

Here are a few other things i've had, or still have...

Aching Muscles (feet, legs, shoulder neck & back)
Fatigue
Mild Allergy to the smell of perfume, air freshener, soap powder (results in coughing & excess Phlegm)
Dermatitis on my hands (never goes away even if i use e45 and aquas cream)
stomach upset
bloating
Constipation (on the odd occasion)
Diarrhea (on the odd occasion)
Ear infection (goes away with antibiotic spray but then comes back)
Wind
Athletes foot (goes away with treatment but then comes back again)
Acne and dry skin on face

I was previously on Oxytetracycline and now i'm on Doxycycline for my Acne. After reading about Candida I've stopped taking it. There's been no improvement but it's only been about 4 days. I have cut down on sugar today, my throat is really dry and there is a strange feeling in the back of my throat, and i keep coughing. Odd taste in my mouth too.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2009, 4:13 pm

I'm currently doing a nystatin regimen after trying treatment for giardia; many of the symptoms you list, I have experienced. It has made a world of difference with minimal side effects; not the cheapest route to go to just try it, but it can be very helpful. You will dehydrate on that medication, though... lip balm and extra water is advisable from me. I have been on frequent and heavy doses of antibiotics since my earliest years (2 y.o.) through now - for ear infections then, later for a variety of causes. Coupled with a high sugar diet, it became a diagnosis of last resort after sifting through a lot of other options over a year plus.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Uranus
Toucan
Toucan

07 May 2009, 1:27 pm

I might try that Nystatin as a last resort. I'm not sure if quiting the antibiotics, cutting down on sugar, and taking probiotics will be enough to decrease it? I was thinking about getting grapefruit seed extract too.

Well today was a bad day for me, the coughing continued on and off, I've noticed a reduction in Phlegm though. There's a lot of wax coming out of my ears too. Possibly a side effect of the Candida dieing perhaps?

The coffee I drink is giving me a bitter taste. I've heard of a natural sweetener called Stevia, not sure if it's easily available in the UK or not. Maybe try that.

I've had symptoms of mental fatigue recently which gets better as the day goes on, i've also been waking up 2 hours earlier than usual (7 hours sleep). Surely i should be sleeping more, not less? I'm also getting tingling sensations all over.

The only other thing i've noticed is that my sense of humor has increased. :?

I tried this Candida questionnaire below but i'm not sure how accurate it is, i scored 206. 8O
http://cassia.org/candida.htm

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 May 2009, 7:13 am

If you think you have systemic candida another good thing is to eat lots of fresh raw garlic chopped and mixed into dips with sticks of raw veg, or spread on whole grain bread/rice crackers.

Cutting out all carbohydrates for a couple of weeks, and eating lots of "real" yoghurt wih friendly bacteria in for a few days/weeks, can be a good idea too.

On the other hand, you might be able to reduce phlegm by cutting out dairy foods, ( which includes yoghurt ), because it is often associated with high-catarrh production. I notice that for instance I can smoke without chest problems if I exclude dairy, but become almost immediately congested, ( coughing lots, and a bunged up nose and chest, etc ), if I start eating dairy again.

It may be that it is not a candida problem, or only as a side-effect, and that in fact you are intolerant/allergic to something, ( eg. dairy, or wheat/gluten, or whatever ), and that this is causing permanent stress, by triggering chronic/constant immune-system activity.

But the symptoms you describe could well be candida "die-off". Which is great. Good luck. :)

Uranus
Toucan
Toucan

23 May 2009, 3:43 am

Well, whatever it was, it was diet related, either wheat or sugar. I'm now a lot happier, a lot more relaxed. I smile a lot more, social comunication has increased, i even asked someone out (for the first time), lol. I don't feel any fatique in the morning, which is great. I even went to the cinema, not something i've done in a while.

I've moved onto a product called Xylo Brit which is 100% Xylitol. Basically it's a sugar free natural sweetener (not artificial). I think the only reason they don't use it is because it's quite expensive (£3 for 250g), but hey, if it stops my teeth from decaying, has half the calories of sugar, does not cause fluctuations in blood-sugar levels, tastes almost the same as ordinary sugar, has anti Candidal effects (suposedly), i'm not complaining.

You probably already know this but....Stevia (another natural sweetner) was, or still is, banned from the UK. Not because it was bad for your health, oh no, but because the 'artificial sweetener companies' would have went out of business!

In other words, in the UK, business is more important than 'your' health.