Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2021, 10:30 am

Top Ten Warning Signs of a Cult Leader.

10. Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.

9. Followers feel the need to prove they are "good enough".

8. Former members often relate the same stories of abuse and reflect a similar pattern of grievances.

7. No meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget, expenses such as an independently audited financial statement.

6. No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry.

5. The group/leader is always correct -- everyone else is wrong.

4. The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of discovery is acceptable or credible.

3. There are records, books, news articles, or television programs that document the abuses of the group/leader.

2. There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil.

1. Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies, and persecutions.

•••

Top ten Warning Signs of People Involved in a Cult or With a Cult Leader.

10. A dramatic loss of spontaneity and sense of humor.

9. Anything the group/leader does can be justified no matter how harsh or harmful.

8. Dependency upon the group/leader for problem solving, solutions, and definitions without meaningful reflective thought. A seeming inability to think independently or analyze situations without group/leader involvement.

7. Extreme obsessiveness regarding the group/leader resulting in the exclusion of almost every practical consideration.

6. Former followers are at best-considered negative or worse evil and under bad influences. They cannot be trusted and personal contact is avoided.

5. Hyperactivity centered on the group/leader agenda, which seems to supersede any personal goals or individual interests.

4. Increasing isolation from family and old friends unless they demonstrate an interest in the group/leader.

3. Individual identity, the group, and the cult leader as distinct and separate categories of existence become increasingly blurred. Instead, in the follower's mind these identities become substantially and increasingly fused -- as that person's involvement in the cult and with the cult leader continues and deepens.

2. Uncharacteristically stilted and seemingly programmed conversation and mannerisms, cloning of the group/leader in personal behavior.

1. Whenever the group/leader is criticized or questioned it is characterized as "oppression" and/or "persecution".

•••

Mr. Trump is the cult leader, and his loyal followers -- the "MAGA hat-wearing Trumpsters" -- are his cult followers.

Read More Here 

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2021, 6:22 pm

This is all true freind. Your doing gods work posting this. Keep up the effort! one day we will bring down the The Illuminatus.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

JP210168
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jan 2021, 5:35 pm

Storming a federal building and putting the lives of politicians and federal employees at risk is a telling sign.

Jim Jones is rolling in his grave right now.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2021, 5:38 pm

I keep telling people that "QAnon" is a cult, that "Q" is its leader/Prophet, and that Trump is its "Chosen One".

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2021, 2:41 pm

Fnord wrote:
I keep telling people that "QAnon" is a cult, that "Q" is its leader/Prophet, and that Trump is its "Chosen One".

I'm been looking up Q and seeing that people genuinely believe tihs stuff is... something.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2021, 3:50 pm

NaturalEntity wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I'm been looking up Q and seeing that people genuinely believe tihs stuff is... something.
The latest is that the GOP senator from Georgia -- Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene -- is now claiming that California's wildfires were all started by a super-secret Israeli space laser.

How the hell did she ever get elected?

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2021, 5:04 pm

How indeed?

FiruthiDragovic
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Jan 2021, 8:25 pm

Oh wow, look at what I miss trying to calm myself down and stay away from news stuff.

You might want to try looking up something called the "BITE Model", it's got a lot more on cult influence than what's covered here.

I will add that what you list as #8 and #6 on the cults thing are unfortunately the only way I get to see "the left" and "SJWs" where I am. I don't get to interact with those types meaningfully to know if they are actually taking their positions seriously. (Half of the reason I'm staying away from news entirely - I KNOW I can't get a balanced take and I know the way I attempt to research takes a lot more energy and has led me down ENOUGH dark holes, so why even bother at this point?)

....and I refuse to touch QAnon with a 50-foot pole. People in my area are already in the dark enough to be vulnerable to conspiracy theories, I don't need to put one of the more damaging ones anywhere near them.

CollegeGirlAnon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Feb 2021, 10:44 pm

What I would say is both extreme political sides, left and right, can be cult like.

I hate Trump tho.

TriPM Score (Taken 05/22/2021):
103 out of 174 points (99th percentile)

ADHD & ASD diagnosis made in childhood.

DIVAIR
Raven
Raven

20 Feb 2021, 7:53 pm

CollegeGirlAnon wrote:
What I would say is both extreme political sides, left and right, can be cult like.

I hate Trump tho.

I would have to disagree with you on this one: with the exception of how some people like to think of JFK as god-like, he was a pretty horrible person.

It isn't the "left" who feel that it's OK to let conservative christain, er-aaahhhh-umm, "values?" influence politics: that's supposed to be unconstitutional, but hey, as long as god sez it's all cool though, right? It isn't the left that lets the NRA dictate politics. It isn't the left that feel it's OK to let the police kill unarmed people. It isn't the left that feels it's acceptable to silence free speech unless it benefits them. And finally: why is it acceptable to villainize science? The GOP hates the idea of science, because if you listen to science, you may find out you have responsibility to the planet Earth.

BTW, I'm a registered Republican! I take pride in knowing that somewhere it shows that I voted against my party. I'm not saying Ike was perfect, but 95% of these so called "patriots" wouldn't be worthy of licking his shoes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwight_D._Eisenhower

DIVAIR

CollegeGirlAnon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Feb 2021, 6:34 pm

DIVAIR wrote:
CollegeGirlAnon wrote:

I hate Trump tho.

I would have to disagree with you on this one: with the exception of how some people like to think of JFK as god-like, he was a pretty horrible person.

It isn't the "left" who feel that it's OK to let conservative christain, er-aaahhhh-umm, "values?" influence politics: that's supposed to be unconstitutional, but hey, as long as god sez it's all cool though, right? It isn't the left that lets the NRA dictate politics. It isn't the left that feel it's OK to let the police kill unarmed people. It isn't the left that feels it's acceptable to silence free speech unless it benefits them. And finally: why is it acceptable to villainize science? The GOP hates the idea of science, because if you listen to science, you may find out you have responsibility to the planet Earth.

BTW, I'm a registered Republican! I take pride in knowing that somewhere it shows that I voted against my party. I'm not saying Ike was perfect, but 95% of these so called "patriots" wouldn't be worthy of licking his shoes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwight_D._Eisenhower

DIVAIR

The left if you look into it has some totalitarian aspects. Especially if you look outside of the US.

I used to be a Republican in high school. And I have even at times identified as an anarchist.

Basically both sides have history with science and how they use it.

DIVAIR
Raven
Raven

22 Feb 2021, 12:37 pm

CollegeGirlAnon wrote:
The left if you look into it has some totalitarian aspects. Especially if you look outside of the US.

I used to be a Republican in high school. And I have even at times identified as an anarchist.

Please give me an example of how, in the U.S., the "left" have been as you say, "totalitarian" and how they've had issues with science?

Apart form those horrible pieces of ca-ca FDR and JFK, I'm hard pressed: they were the exception, as opposed to in general.

DIVAIR

DIVAIR
Raven
Raven

22 Feb 2021, 12:47 pm

Also, please don't confuse the "left" here in the States which is actually more "center right", with leftists.

DIVAIR

CollegeGirlAnon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Feb 2021, 2:30 pm

DIVAIR wrote:
CollegeGirlAnon wrote:

Please give me an example of how, in the U.S., the "left" have been as you say, "totalitarian" and how they've had issues with science?

Apart form those horrible pieces of ca-ca FDR and JFK, I'm hard pressed: they were the exception, as opposed to in general.

DIVAIR

Please re-read what I actually said.

I made no claims that the US left was one way or another towards science.

You almost seem to want to say and/or believe that the US left (and I am aware they are not leftists) are 100% good. Or almost 100% good.

I don’t go with extreme claims that one side is good or bad. Both sides have the potential to be.

Being “hard pressed” btw means little to me.

You can choose to believe what you want.

DIVAIR
Raven
Raven

22 Feb 2021, 3:20 pm

No, I actually did read what you wrote, several times, within the context of your previous post: it can be interpreted two different ways.

And, no, if you read what I wrote, I'm not saying that people who consider themselves "left" in the States are 100% good, that is anything but the case. What I was putting into context of Fnord's argument was/is that the current state of the Republican party is trapped in a "Cult of Personality":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_of_personality

If you look at all of Donald Trumps policies they are quite literally Fascist:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism

One of Fascism's ideals is there is always a "good old days" and that there is always a group people who have destroyed that more wholesome way of life: blame the blacks, Asians, Muslims, Latin Americans LGBTQ...

Please look at the fact that the GOP is/was so terrified of what Trump would do if he was in any way held accountable by the rest of his party. Trump, after tear-gassing friendly protesters, had ordered that the National Guard be prepared to use bayonets on them. Or, how the GOP removed USPS mail boxes to keep people from voting against their party. In all of my 55-years I can't recall things like this ever happening: and apart from FDR and JFK, I am very hard pressed to think of any Democrat who had allowed thing like this to happen because their delusions and massive ego.

The Republican party is more than likely going to reform into two other parties because all too many people realize they let things get way too out of hand.

Jus' sayin'...

DIVAIR

CollegeGirlAnon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Feb 2021, 3:30 pm

I am aware of that. I am aware that people who are in the GOP on a whole are afraid of Trump being held accountable.

Quite respectfully, I have to bow out of this.

You seem to assume I am ignorant and tbh, that is annoying me.

I simply said both sides have their issues. At the core that was what I said.

Again, I look at issues from a more global perspective since my parents are not from the US. You seem to have some type of problem with that. That is your issue.

Have a wonderful day.