Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2021, 3:44 pm

Hey
I was wondering if there were any other multiple systems on Wrong Planet? I don't think I have anything diagnosable but I am definitely multiple in some form. None of my constructs can front, but I can transcribe their thoughts! (I'm the host.)

CollegeGirlAnon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Feb 2021, 4:28 pm

I would be interested to know in what form?

My personal opinion to be honest with you is that not that many people actually truly have multiple personalities.

You can feel how you want to about that.

Most who do have some type of extreme trauma in their background.

IDK if that is the case with you.

I know a lot of people say they have this. I had a friend in high school who said this. I asked them later on if they truly had this and they said they just had a desire to role play.

Do you ever lose time?

This is just my personal opinion. I hope you aren’t hurt by it because I don’t mean it in a hurtful way.

And I am telling you, from the case studies and books I have read on multiple personalities, it would not be something you really wish to have.

TriPM Score (Taken 05/22/2021):
103 out of 174 points (99th percentile)

ADHD & ASD diagnosis made in childhood.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2021, 4:45 pm

I definitely don't have DID if that's what you're thinking of. I've been looking into the plurality community for a while and have found that systems can appear endogenically - naturally, without trauma. (The ones that developed due to trauma are called traumagenic.) I don't think I am multiple in the same way as those with DID, but that does not mean I am not multiple. My constructs are distinct from me.

CollegeGirlAnon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Feb 2021, 4:56 pm

NaturalEntity wrote:
I definitely don't have DID if that's what you're thinking of. I've been looking into the plurality community for a while and have found that systems can appear endogenically - naturally, without trauma. (The ones that developed due to trauma are called traumagenic.) I don't think I am multiple in the same way as those with DID, but that does not mean I am not multiple. My constructs are distinct from me.

Could you tell me what your constructs are?

I am just interested.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2021, 2:39 pm

You want the mechanics of my constructs/headmates? Well here you go.
Each headmate is distinct from me, though they cannot take the front. I am the host of the system.
All known headmates are fictives - that means they are from a fictional source, either my own or someone else's.
I can hold conversations with my headmates that do not sound like they are just me talking to myself or roleplaying. They can comment upon things in the world beyond the headspace should I let them be aware of what is going on. You can consider me a benign gatekeeper in that sense - I seemingly have the ability to control their perception of the outside world, though I would never use that for malicious purposes.
And I think that's about it.

CollegeGirlAnon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Feb 2021, 3:01 pm

NaturalEntity wrote:
You want the mechanics of my constructs/headmates? Well here you go.
Each headmate is distinct from me, though they cannot take the front. I am the host of the system.
All known headmates are fictives - that means they are from a fictional source, either my own or someone else's.
I can hold conversations with my headmates that do not sound like they are just me talking to myself or roleplaying. They can comment upon things in the world beyond the headspace should I let them be aware of what is going on. You can consider me a benign gatekeeper in that sense - I seemingly have the ability to control their perception of the outside world, though I would never use that for malicious purposes.
And I think that's about it.

Ok, so what I would say is if you do ever run into issues with this you should seek some kind of help.

I really don’t have any stake in this.

My opinion is that very few people are multiple.

Your opinion is your opinion and people hold various different ones on all subjects.

Personally, I find that basing your identity around something that is psych related can be problematic. But you may find differently.

Whatever works for you.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2021, 3:05 pm

I do believe that your view is a bit narrow, however I will not attempt to start an argument. Go check out communities for plurality if you're interested in learning more. They're pretty informative.

CollegeGirlAnon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Feb 2021, 6:20 pm

NaturalEntity wrote:
I do believe that your view is a bit narrow, however I will not attempt to start an argument. Go check out communities for plurality if you're interested in learning more. They're pretty informative.

I’ve looked at those.

And like I said, I had the friend in high school. So, I have experience.

But thank you.

Like I said, if you believe this then that’s fine. But most people are not going to want to hear about that endlessly. Try and be understanding of that.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 1:54 pm

Your point is valid as well. There can be people who might say they're plural for clout but, like your friend, could be roleplaying to an extreme.

CollegeGirlAnon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Feb 2021, 3:34 pm

NaturalEntity wrote:
Your point is valid as well. There can be people who might say they're plural for clout but, like your friend, could be roleplaying to an extreme.

I will say, if you feel differently about all of this when you are older it is ok!!

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 3:49 pm

I might do, I might not. I will say that I do not believe it is an extreme form of roleplaying for me. Nor am I saying i am plural for attention.

ImeldaJace
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2021, 8:40 pm

I am. I do not talk about it a lot because there is so much stigma and misunderstanding. I do not have full blown DID, but I have complex PTSD from my autism being misunderstood as a young child. My experience is different from what you describe though. Most of my parts are different "me's," meaning that they are different aspects of me (the host) that are just a little more separated than they are for the average person. They are different ages and might act a little different, so sometimes my voice and body language is different. I also parts that are "me's" that don't front. And then I have parts that are not me. They never front. I don't often talk to my parts. I also don't know how many I have and I know there are some that I have not met.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2021, 8:48 pm

I don't have a system, but I have had a couple friends in the past who had systems. I just wanted to comment and say that I think it's good you can be open about it. My friends felt a lot of shame about it since people don't react well, and it can be very stressful to deal with.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2021, 3:33 pm

I'm open because this is a pretty good forum. I have a few people in my personal life who know too. Glad to know you support us and our endeavours. :D

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2021, 3:34 pm

ImeldaJace wrote:
I am. I do not talk about it a lot because there is so much stigma and misunderstanding. I do not have full blown DID, but I have complex PTSD from my autism being misunderstood as a young child. My experience is different from what you describe though. Most of my parts are different "me's," meaning that they are different aspects of me (the host) that are just a little more separated than they are for the average person. They are different ages and might act a little different, so sometimes my voice and body language is different. I also parts that are "me's" that don't front. And then I have parts that are not me. They never front. I don't often talk to my parts. I also don't know how many I have and I know there are some that I have not met.

I believe the term for a system comprised of different aspects or facets of the self is called a median system in plurality communities, if that helps.

ImeldaJace
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2021, 2:53 pm

NaturalEntity wrote:
ImeldaJace wrote:

I believe the term for a system comprised of different aspects or facets of the self is called a median system in plurality communities, if that helps.

I haven't heard the term median before, though to be honest I'd never heard of the plurality community before. I looked up median systems, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I read that it doesn't come from trauma? My system is the result of early childhood trauma like with DID. I also have parts that are not me, it's just that they never front.