Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

LeafyGenes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Dec 2022, 12:59 pm

Hi
Can anyone tell me a bit about Abilify from personal experience? A family member is on it, but doesn't currently talk much.

Crystal1414
Toucan
Toucan

06 Dec 2022, 10:09 pm

Im on it. It helps with my moods and paranoia. I find that it helps me. I have been on it for 3 years.

LeafyGenes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Dec 2022, 3:05 pm

Crystal1414 thank you. I am curious, does it change your ability to play music, or how you feel about listening to music? Has your enjoyment or ease of reading changed?

(If anyone else reading this has experienced a change I would also love to hear that)

Crystal1414
Toucan
Toucan

07 Dec 2022, 3:24 pm

LeafyGenes wrote:
Crystal1414 thank you. I am curious, does it change your ability to play music, or how you feel about listening to music? Has your enjoyment or ease of reading changed?

(If anyone else reading this has experienced a change I would also love to hear that)

I dont think it changes my ability to play instruments or enjoy music. I have not been reading as much as I used to. I am not sure if that is because of the medication or not though.

LeafyGenes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Dec 2022, 4:24 pm

Crystal1414, thank you :) I always think people's real-life experiences are worth so much.

Da_Zero_A_Dieci
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2022, 6:09 pm

I think it's a good drug.

As for me, I am not responsive to many drugs.

Or they just cause side effects in me.

*Depends on the therapeutic indication for which you have been prescribed it.

How many drugs work, however, vary based on the dosage.

This goes for yours.

I hope you take advantage of it.

One important thing: if I may…

Take female responses into account, because the action on women is much more complex, this in any pharmacological therapy.

The illustrative leaflets should be divided into two female and male sections, because our bodies are different, hormonal

And also by age: however, this should be described in both sexes.

It should be written as clearly as possible

In the Italian version, the drugs often have mileage leaflets.

Sometimes it is difficult to get them allocated in the packs.

Another thing should perhaps be said to pharmaceutical companies: Months are almost never 28 days long.

Except every 4 years.

They make them with three less so the thirteenth month is created which does not exist in the calendar.

LeafyGenes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Dec 2022, 2:58 pm

Da_Zero these are all good points, thank you. Personally I am not in favour of drugs (prefer vitamins) but I can see that sometimes they can be necessary as a stepping stone.

Da_Zero_A_Dieci
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2022, 4:29 pm

LeafyGenes wrote:
Da_Zero these are all good points, thank you. Personally I am not in favour of drugs (prefer vitamins) but I can see that sometimes they can be necessary as a stepping stone.

(Prego! Is an Italian answer)

§

The important thing is that you are comfortable with both this drug and the dosage.
The dosage varies by problem.

§

Some time ago a friend of mine asked me for advice.

The doctor had prescribed a drug for ADHD to her minor son, all the mothers of the new country where she had gone to live were against her giving it to their son.

Only me and another Autistic who has a degree in psychology, among other things, comforted her.

We told her she was doing good for her own son.

§

She asked for advice from many friends, even virtual ones.

None of them gave her our advice.

You are amazed.

§

With true ADHD the little boy was always high.

He had a special room where with a baseball bat he could destroy anything out of wood his father had built for him.

He got up at 2 in the morning to go with his Farfar (grandfather in Swedish) for the night walk in the woods.

He had to go to school in the morning and without medicine it was impossible.

§

For 8 hours a day he calmed down.

He was able to study and have academic success.

A beautiful little boy with blue eyes, long blond hair, mentally gifted, with a mix between Italian and Swedish !

§

Then the effect ended, I was there on vacation at that time.

He asked me more and more complex questions.

He went from asking me how an electronic circuit worked to how a thermonuclear power plant worked!

Then to unanswerable questions.

§
In the game he tended to look for people like him, I also have different ADHD than his.

And I know what that entails.
Mine is just different.

§
First day he didn't look at my face.

Me neither.

Second, he took me as a point of reference because I understood him.

§

He laughed a lot when on my PC all the keycaps were salted salatrono and looking at its setting in Swedish, I wrote looking at the writing order.

And I succeeded.

§

I don't know what indication the doctor has evaluated in your case, but it's for your own good.

§
Before, I was against drugs.

So I bet on psychotherapies, when the doctors refused to continue them (I didn't understand them), I tried drugs, in my case with only failures.

Except with one a nitrobenzodiazepine.

Which allows me to tolerate the outside world.

It took me 8 years of trying.

Then with my intuition I asked my psychiatrist if it was possible to interrupt both.
Because I guessed they were in conflict.

I had caught .

He answered yes.

This is written to you by a person who does not even take an aspirin even if he is very ill.

§
Trust: it will work.