Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

AntoniusBlock
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Nov 2010, 2:17 pm

Hello there,

my sister ist about 28 years old, she studied art and language and likes to draw, she draws big pictures. Since she started studying she was quiet few at home, and since a year or so she just comes home for 1 or two days a year. Before when she came home she was always very busy and didn't have time for anything, just running around and stressing everyone.

She always drank alot of coffee, and said that she didn't sleep much because of her studies, and also lost weight, just about 55 kg with a size of 1,70. A year ago, my parents found out that she lied to them, she didn't go where she said she would. My parents think she fell in love with one of her school teachers, she acknowledged that he "visits" her, but so far its not clear if its a romantic relationship or just a purely sexual one. My parents are also very sad, because she afforded a lot of money of them, which she seems to have spent on some journeys to india and mexica. She was very rude to my parents too, therefore they fear to see her again.

Furthermore, sometimes I receive some letters from her, and they are written in a style, written as from a royal person, uses alot of unusual words. Her art is very important to her, and she was angry that my parents didn't want to support her financially as much as before. When they again wanted to per her rooms, she didn't want that they pay it.

Some time ago, she sent me an email with some photos from india, i didn't know that she was once in india. She claimed that she was there right now, but i checked the date of the pictures, they are 2 years old.

If she has some psychological disorder, maybe she has it from one of my grandmothers, she is talking alot, and doesn't let anyone else talk.

What do you think? does she have bipolar or something else?

I am not sure, if she was alreay at a psychologist, but she once mentioned that. Soon there is her birthday. Shall i give her a book about bipolar, just to tell her, that we know it and care about her? Or is that no good idea?

btw, i am on the autistic spectrum too (AS - self-diagnosed).

Thanks for any comments,

Antonius

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2010, 4:14 pm

I think that it is hard to say what she has going on. Something sounds like it's up but it would take a professional to find out what. The best thing you can do is try to point out that her behaviors aren't healthy and she should get help. Until she is a danger to herself or others, nobody can force her to get help.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2010, 4:35 pm

Giving her a present of a book on Bipolar may just make her upset/angry instead of your intended effect. I don't know how you could let her know about her behaviour though.

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2010, 4:48 pm

I wouldn't have been prepared to accept I had a problem until ... well, it became obvious to me. Others knew there was a problem, but weren't sure what it was. Nobody could have forced me to accept treatment. Your sister will have to discover it for herself... or become so ill that she's committed. If she's currently functional there's not much you can do.