Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2010, 10:35 pm

how would I go about petitioning my health care providers into allowing mt to receive ECT treatments?

I'm certain it'll help me and I'm bound and determined to see it through.

thanks for reading.

Beauty_pact
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2010, 4:50 pm

Why would you possibly want that? It can cause permanent memory loss for events that are years and years back in your life, thus quite likely permanently ruining your life, and is certain to give you permanent brain damage. What ECT does is frying your brain, hoping to remove the "troubling" sections. Much like a strike of lightning would do it. What happens to people who get struck by lightning? They become dumber, due to permanent brain damage. ECT does the same, which is why you also may become happier from it, because dumber = happier... and again, don't forget the random loss of memory it easily causes.

ECT is a disgusting practice that would suit well for the dark ages, and every doctor that as much as suggests it should be put to death. Aside from what I had read about it, before, the Swedish public service channel SVT had a very good, fairly made documentary about it, in their program 'Uppdrag granskning', and the channel also provided follow-ups, and their findings were not pretty. The only reason ECT still is used is because people with mental problems, including depression, are seen as lesser individuals in society. It's sickening beyond description. The psychiatry business is a business of legally preying on the weak, those who have lost hope, or those who are put in mental wards against their will, to use as test subjects, or subjects for the sadistic desires of certain people.

alex
Developer
Developer

25 Dec 2010, 5:09 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electroconvulsive_therapy

Beauty_pact
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2010, 5:23 pm

alex wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electroconvulsive_therapy

It's funny when the test subjects with negative outcomes so commonly are referred to with the word "studies".

And always the fine words "the vast majority" are used when they talk about positive aspects... nevermind the others, "the vast majority" turns out "well enough".

They even changed the name to make it look better - no longer is it "electric chock therapy"... yay! That changes everything!

This subject pisses me off so much. -_-; I was so close to ending up put in a psych ward, against my will, because of a doctor that indeed was insane, and at the same time they were talking about if I'd agree to ECT. Had I ended up there, they would've ruined my life. Not that it's so good, anyway, but so far it at least isn't ruined.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2010, 7:10 pm

Why not stick your finger in an electrical socket?

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2010, 4:03 am

Quote:

Nah, I tried that once when I was suicidal... They're all fitted with special 'no finger pokey inny' devices now... at least they are here in the UK... Besides the shock would be too strong and would kill you... Well I suppose it solved the problem sort of... It's fried the bad bit of the brain but the rest as well... Maybe not eh?

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2010, 8:29 am

Jellybean wrote:
Quote:

Nah, I tried that once when I was suicidal... They're all fitted with special 'no finger pokey inny' devices now... at least they are here in the UK... Besides the shock would be too strong and would kill you... Well I suppose it solved the problem sort of... It's fried the bad bit of the brain but the rest as well... Maybe not eh?

ECT is more dangerous. It may not kill you but it destroys your brain.

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2010, 8:20 am

if it helps.

I'd get a lobotomy before I let my anger get so out of control before I hurt someone.