17 Feb 2011, 3:54 am

What does it take to be an aspie :?:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2011, 12:36 am

hiya sunshine :)
welcome to this neat thing of ours 8)

a certain set of genes + a certain environment. a rich environment gave the set of aspie genes named william gates III a superbly functioning mind that made him a billionaire. OTOH, a more rudimentary environment enabled the development of the set of aspie genes writing the piffle you see before you, which the former set of well-cultured genes would not be caught dead doing. i hope this answer is helpful to you.

supra_chiasma
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Feb 2011, 7:41 am

auntblabby wrote:
hiya sunshine :)
welcome to this neat thing of ours 8)

a certain set of genes + a certain environment. a rich environment gave the set of aspie genes named william gates III a superbly functioning mind that made him a billionaire. OTOH, a more rudimentary environment enabled the development of the set of aspie genes writing the piffle you see before you, which the former set of well-cultured genes would not be caught dead doing. i hope this answer is helpful to you.

U lost me after the OTOH, :?

KBerg
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Feb 2011, 12:55 pm

Allow me to translate: Auntblabby welcomes you to Wrong Planet and points out that it takes takes all kind of different sorts to be Aspies, and does so in a self-deprecating humorous manner. Comparing Bill Gates as one positive examples caused by a combination of genetics and environmental factors. And then negatively comparing Auntblabby to Bill Gates as a negative example.

Which of course we all know is nonsense as Auntblabby never unleashed anything as horrible to fix as Windows ME upon the world, but has posted things useful to read and thus has impacted my life at least far more positively than Gates. :wink:

As to your question. Do you mean what makes people have Asperger Syndrome, like what causes it? Or do you mean how do people know if they have AS, as in what are the symptoms that someone has it?

patiz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Feb 2011, 7:50 pm

otoh=on the other hand