Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

carltcwc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Mar 2011, 2:38 am

Anyone else notice this? I have one dream where there is a red army and a blue army fighting in an alternate dimension where Nikola Teslas inventions succeded and he made a dream machine that takes peoples conciousness from this dimension and places us into soldiers that they are now using for their army through interdimensional astral projection. I am thinking all dreams are like this in a way that we are experiencing worlds of chaos theory where we could go anywhere and here is just the one that things are in a linear format that makes sense to most people. if everythings happining all at once, then all dreams are reality. Dreams are where we wake up from this existance.

TheBicyclingGuitarist
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2011, 2:46 am

It is possible that all possible moments (past, present and future) exist in a field of potential now-moments, and perhaps from a certain level of awareness outside of time one could be aware of all of them as "now." I frequently wonder about whether the past causes the present or the present causes the past. Alan Watts describes the past as being like the wake of a ship trailing behind a ship, but the wake doesn't push the ship. What Watts says makes sense when I think about it, but there is still the mystery of "now."

Many cultures have presented the possibility that each of us is a dream of the God-head. Who's to say what our dreams are? Perhaps they are biochemical reactions of the body processing signals from all the organs and from the experiences of the day. So dreams could be a form of necessary maintenance for the proper functioning of the brain, and have no deeper meaning. it could also be as you suggest, that dreams are alternate realities. I personally think there's a mix: some body processing, some spiritual stuff.

carltcwc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Mar 2011, 3:30 am

Ive thought about the alternate past theory too.
If there are multiple possibilities that could have led to our present, then which one was it.
All we have to rely on is what we remembered that happened
But what if we forgot?
Does the past even exist then?
Are there multiple pasts as well as futures?