Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

carltcwc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Mar 2011, 5:21 am

Does this sound like psychosis, a personality disorder or both?
Most my symptoms are consistant (Aspergers/ADHD/Dyslexia/Hypersomnia)
but Ive had several other diagnosis's by different doctors (Psychosis's and Personality Disorder's) on top of the AS/ADHD dx
Its something with rapid cycling recurrent episodes but they are brief, rarly for more than a day.
I notice 3 kinds of episodes I get and sometimes their mixed where I get these symptoms.

manic episodes
-extra energy
-talking faster
-improved memory/cognation
-lots of great ideas

angry episodes
-impulsive anger
-lack of all other emotions
-insenseitivity
-often occurs after manic episodes

disorganized episodes
-increased unusual feelings of unreality
-increased visual illusions
-decreased memory/cognation
-confusion
-trouble communicating
-occasional difficulty moving

Consistant symptoms - Im not going to list Aspergers/ADHD symptoms here.
-Very little emotion- not even neurotic emotions.
-Neurological Hand Tremors
-Hypersomnia
-Mild Dissociation
-Visual Illusions such as seeing static and colorless auras.

I know it doesnt matter what it would be labeled as but Im curious if I have something no one else does.
I susspose everyone actually does though.

liveandletdie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2011, 11:52 pm

Do you ever bump or hurt your head?

I hurt my head pretty often and i think it might lead to those disorganized episodes....but also this kind of sounds like some melt downs I have.

Angry episodes also sounds like a type of melt down...but not sure as you say it often comes after a manic episode. I could never understand the manic state....Could you describe it to me better?

Also sounds a little like bipolar but I dont know much about bipolar...just that you seems to have "swings"

carltcwc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Mar 2011, 2:24 am

Bump my head? Everyones bumps their head into something at some time of other, but no, its not provoked by bumping my head. just random.
Anger episodes being meltdowns? Very possible, but they can be random or provoked by thinking about something that pisses me off.
Manic episodes for me if thats what they are dont last long for me. Usually a day on average. For me its like I drank a bunch of coffee but I didnt. I become more active but I dont seem to really get as much done than normal because I waste time doing pointless things over and over. I will be more impulsive than normal too. The feeling for me is that of drinking coffee or taking too much adderall but no substance required.
I have been diagnosed with bipolar/schizoaffective quite a few times, but i wasnt sure if episodes that i can recognize last long enough for this diagnosis. From what I know that diagnosis requires at least a 6 month episode.

liveandletdie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2011, 2:37 am

carltcwc wrote:
Bump my head? Everyones bumps their head into something at some time of other, but no, its not provoked by bumping my head. just random.
Anger episodes being meltdowns? Very possible, but they can be random or provoked by thinking about something that pisses me off.
Manic episodes for me if thats what they are dont last long for me. Usually a day on average. For me its like I drank a bunch of coffee but I didnt. I become more active but I dont seem to really get as much done than normal because I waste time doing pointless things over and over. I will be more impulsive than normal too. The feeling for me is that of drinking coffee or taking too much adderall but no substance required.
I have been diagnosed with bipolar/schizoaffective quite a few times, but i wasnt sure if episodes that i can recognize last long enough for this diagnosis. From what I know that diagnosis requires at least a 6 month episode.

ya from what I read manic episodes last for a few days....but it is an inexact science. However on king of the hill when the neighbor has is highs vs lows they are only one day....(not a good reference but came to mind none the less.)

I think that mood disorder on top of aspergers would probably make everything just that many times more confusing...so this could be just adding to your confusion and making you worry/wonder whether you have something else. Most accounts on mood disorders are about them being by themselves, and when you combine aspergers it's going to make it totally different.

The reason I asked about bumping your head is because I have been getting a lot of the "disorganized episodes" just as you say and I hit my head a lot....though not by accident =/....in this habit of thinking it will help me at the time but it obviously doesn't....so am wondering if those episodes are because of hurting my head. But they may not be I am not sure.

Anyways...hopefully get some other people responding ;)
I don't know what I am talking about ha but I do try to help.

ghostpawn
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Apr 2011, 2:09 am

maybe some endocrine problem? hormones can do weird things sometimes