Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 10:47 am

I was diagnosed with Aspergers years ago when I was a little kid, but lately I've been starting to think I might have problems other than Aspergers, like maybe some kind of personality disorder.

I do have a lot of the Asperger traits like obsessive thoughts, lack of empathy, and awkard social skills, but there are other things about me I have started to notice lately that I don't think are a part of Autism. Like I tend to have a bit of a passive-aggressive streak, when people anger me I never try to let my feelings be known openly but I always find sneaky ways to hurt the person back, even when I don't realize I'm doing it. It also seems like l'm always quick to start fights with people on the internet by saying stupid things to shock people even when I know better, and once everyone gets mad or annoyed I always get defensive and blame the situation on them, but later I realize it's my fault and I feel horrible about it.

Does this sound like the traits of a personality disorder to anyone? Maybe I should try to talk to a doctor about it?

TB
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 12:27 pm

No this sounds like something all (most) humans do. Its just being immature, no reason to search for another label. You know what you dont like about yourself now you can work on improving that part. Its more introspection then what is considered average at our age so keep it up, another reason for not wanting to be normal.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 1:47 pm

GreySun369 wrote:
I was diagnosed with Aspergers years ago when I was a little kid, but lately I've been starting to think I might have problems other than Aspergers, like maybe some kind of personality disorder.

I do have a lot of the Asperger traits like obsessive thoughts, lack of empathy, and awkard social skills, but there are other things about me I have started to notice lately that I don't think are a part of Autism. Like I tend to have a bit of a passive-aggressive streak, when people anger me I never try to let my feelings be known openly but I always find sneaky ways to hurt the person back, even when I don't realize I'm doing it. It also seems like l'm always quick to start fights with people on the internet by saying stupid things to shock people even when I know better, and once everyone gets mad or annoyed I always get defensive and blame the situation on them, but later I realize it's my fault and I feel horrible about it.

Does this sound like the traits of a personality disorder to anyone? Maybe I should try to talk to a doctor about it?

You are "yellow bellied" as th term goes. Why don't you just let people know when they do something that angers you? It's not fair of you to punish people who don't even know they did anything wrong.

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2011, 3:18 am

Id say just try see a regular psych, all people have there issues. Maybe you do have something or maybe you dont? Discuss your problems.