Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 2:08 pm

I don't really want to be criticized for any of this I just could really use advice on what to do about maybe getting a diagnoses or some sort of documentation that my mental state is interfering with my functioning. At this point I don't care if they decide I have AS or something else anything is fine with me...I imagine the experts might be better at determining what exactly I am suffering from.

Basically my financial status is quite unstable...right now I am in college but I am not off to a very good start this semester but regardless I have around 3,000 dollars I think for this semester from college loans & grants but I am considering quitting after this semester and have no idea if I can find or keep a job......So I am not sure how to afford to see a psychiatirst or anyone to get a diagnoses and also I really can't afford to pay for that and then have them decide there is absolutely nothing wrong with me like SSI did.

I will be honest here about the fact that at this point I am not really after recovering, I am more after knowing what exactly I am dealing with and what resources there might be to help me with basic things like housing, food and things like that.

Any suggestions?

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

10 Sep 2011, 5:46 pm

I don't know where you live so I have no specifics, but I assume you are in the US?

If so, 211 - http://www.211.org/ - can help you locate mental health services.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 5:52 pm

Verdandi wrote:
I don't know where you live so I have no specifics, but I assume you are in the US?

If so, 211 - http://www.211.org/ - can help you locate mental health services.

Alright that could maybe be helpful.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

10 Sep 2011, 7:42 pm

I hope it helps.

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 7:57 pm

I don't know what it is like in the USA, but around here if you are a student and get diagnosed with something like an ASD, the government will reimburse you for 80% of the assessment costs.

EQ=8 SQ=93 (Extreme Systemizer)
Alexithymia Quiz=164/185 (high)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 8:13 pm

littlelily613 wrote:
I don't know what it is like in the USA, but around here if you are a student and get diagnosed with something like an ASD, the government will reimburse you for 80% of the assessment costs.

As far as I know that does not take place here it would be nice though.