Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Chickems
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Nov 2011, 2:29 pm

My life has been going rather well but there have been various people I have been worried about which has caused me much stress and other factors in my life that cause me stress. Coupled with the fact I am bored out of my mind living with my grandparents at the moment(until January). It has been a lot to take on for anyone, let alone someone with aspergers who thus has more anxiety than most.

Im a pretty strong person and I have been handling it well but I think it was just a matter of the stress building up and caking on like plaque dose to arteries. Its just suddenly caught up with me. I find it hard to sleep because my mind dosent shut up. Im starting to feel numb, to the people I love and the things I love to do. I know that I love them, I just dont feel these things as intensely anymore. It distresses me. Im starting the all to familiar feeling of going through the motions.

Ive been trying to relax and enjoy myself. Pushing myself to do so infact. I think to a extent that its working. I just dont want this to get any further into a depession

Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 11:03 pm

Awwwe I often have trouble enjoying things I like too. One of my biggest problems is knowing that I didn't go off to college with the rest of the friends my age. That really has me down. I'm very pessimistic right now because I don't feel capable of being able to take care of myself on my own like most adults my age. So I have to continue living with my parents for now. It gets really depressing and I don't enjoy going out and making new friends. Sometimes I just don't want to get out of bed. I do work a little bit but having a job even a minimum wage one is hard for me. Under my current circumstances falling into depressive episodes is very easy. My parents don't get my AS or my other condition so they can be extremely unhelpful at times. I try to push myself too and sometimes it works unless I push too hard. I find sleeping too much actually makes me feel worse.