Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

What type of mood disorder have you got?
clinical depression (unipolar) 41%  41%  [ 14 ]
clinical depression (unipolar) with psychotic features 12%  12%  [ 4 ]
bipolar disorder type I 12%  12%  [ 4 ]
bipolar disorder type II 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Cyclothymia 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
bipolar disorder NOS 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
schizoaffective disorder 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Seasonal Affective Disorder 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Dysthymia 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Mood disorder NOS 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
PTSD 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Other 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 34

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2011, 9:15 pm

I'm just curious to know what the most common mood disorder is here.

I've got clinical depression (unipolar) with psychotic features.

If you have more than one, choose the most severe.

Rhiannon0828
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Nov 2011, 9:44 pm

clinical depression (unipolar)

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2011, 9:55 pm

Picked Bipolar NOS even though I have only been officially diagnosed with major depression. There is absolutely NO WAY I do not have a form of bipolar disorder. Here is the endless cycle of my life: attempt to do something I want to do with the absolute conviction that I can, repeat until I fail, get so depressed I want to kill myself, decide that I'm willing to do literally anything besides die, back to the beginning.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2011, 10:08 pm

Well I clicked clinical depression but not all of those are anxiety disorders.......I see a personality disorder, an anxiety disorder and some others.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

27 Nov 2011, 2:45 am

I don't have any of those mood disorders now but I have suffered a psychotic depression years ago for a long time so I voted for clinical depression (unipolar) with psychotic features. I was diagnosed with PTSD as well thou but I don't think of that as a mood disorder.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 7:55 am

nick007 wrote:
I don't have any of those mood disorders now but I have suffered a psychotic depression years ago for a long time so I voted for clinical depression (unipolar) with psychotic features. I was diagnosed with PTSD as well thou but I don't think of that as a mood disorder.

I was going off the wiki :lol:

It has it as a mood and an anxiety disorder.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 7:56 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Well I clicked clinical depression but not all of those are anxiety disorders.......I see a personality disorder, an anxiety disorder and some others.

Schizoaffective isn't a personality disorder, that's schizotypal (unless you mean another one on that list is a personality disorder).

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 9:07 am

I chose unipolar clinical depression. I also have Generalized Anxiety, ADD, and I'm pretty sure I have OCD.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 10:36 am

puddingmouse wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Schizoaffective isn't a personality disorder, that's schizotypal (unless you mean another one on that list is a personality disorder).

well its not a mood disorder either, I thought that one was a personality disorder though.....lol maybe I should consult my abnormal psych text book.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 11:13 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

well its not a mood disorder either, I thought that one was a personality disorder though.....lol maybe I should consult my abnormal psych text book.

I think it's mood disorder and it's on the schizophrenia spectrum, but I could be wrong.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 11:49 am

puddingmouse wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

I think it's mood disorder and it's on the schizophrenia spectrum, but I could be wrong.

Well if its on the schizophrenia spectrum it should be a psychotic disorder, not a mood disorder.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 11:54 am

Sweetleaf wrote:

Well if its on the schizophrenia spectrum it should be a psychotic disorder, not a mood disorder.

The 'affective' part of the name implies the existence of mood disorder symptoms; it does indeed have symptoms of unipolar/bipolar depression or mania. Whether it's classed as a mood disorder or not, I'm not sure, but the mood disorder symptoms were my reason for including it in this poll.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 12:35 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

The 'affective' part of the name implies the existence of mood disorder symptoms; it does indeed have symptoms of unipolar/bipolar depression or mania. Whether it's classed as a mood disorder or not, I'm not sure, but the mood disorder symptoms were my reason for including it in this poll.

Uhh that's not the way I understood it.......different disorders can have simular symptoms but that does not make them all mood disorders, but I'm in psychology so I can't help getting technical.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 12:39 pm

Ok now I kinda get more what you mean......I looked up schizoaffective disorder, and from what I've read so far it could be a mood and psychotic disorder but now I am curious so I want to look up exactly what its catagorized as.

Other then that all you listed other then PTSD are mood disorders, PTSD is an anxiety disorder.

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 3:47 pm

I have schizoaffective disorder bipolar type. I don't think I have that much bipolar though because I don't have the dangerous parts of mania. I do get grandiose delusions with my mania though. So, I guess that alone would make the jump from hypomania to a full blown manic episode. I had to take on big projects, hyper produce, I talked a mile a minute, racing thoughts, more energy (but not much more due to my pills making me tired), and think I would single handed change the world for the positive. Like I was on a mission to save the world. Also I was thinking my art was going to be the next big thing and thought I would literally make a $100 million a year. This is also how I got into public speaking. If it wasn't for that manic episode, I would still fear public speaking. It caused me to get into Toastmasters and speak at autism conferences. I want to speak at mental health conferences as well. Yeah, schizoaffective disorder is NOT a mood disorder. It is classified as a psychotic disorder much like schizophrenia. It is basically schizophrenia and a mood disorder combined. I think when the DSM 5 comes out then I wouldn't be able to fit the criteria for schizoaffective anymore. My hallucinations are not that bad and I hardly ever hear voices only some episodes I do. For example I went into the hospital because of a psychotic break and I didn't hear voices until for some reason I went out of the hospital. I actually got worse for a few weeks after the hospital. Even then the voices were mainly whispers and people threatening me. I am still able to talk to people in the psychotic episode but sometimes I would speak gibberish. Otherwise, it doesn't affect my socialization. I am very interested in talking to people and I love making friends even though its hard. I have 3 friends that are like best friends. I talk to them all the time. The main reason why I have these friends is because they have mental health issues as well and one of them has schizoaffective disorder. My friend with schizoaffective disorder is very friendly. He also is very funny. He isn't violent except sometimes toward himself, much like me.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 5:37 pm

Ultradian (ultra ultra rapid cycling) Bipolar 11.

I feel like I keep saying that everywhere, but gosh it's such a relief to finally have a clear diagnosis from a qualified professional. I now better understand what Aspies who are first diagnosed as adults feel like.