Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Taliesin
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Dec 2011, 1:26 pm

Hi everyone, I have had a dx of schizo affective given to me, but I disagreed, went off of my meds (safely) and have been med free for about seven months now. I lean more towards thinking I'm AS and a tad Touristic, but couldn't get a second opinion due to lack of services and no insurance.

What I am interested in is hearing what people experience who are schizoaffective. I'm trying to figure out whether I'm just fooling myself, or what the situation may be. What were your thought processes or mannerisms before treatment?

Thanks for your time, I hope I can figure this thing out for myself and perhaps find some closure into my condition.

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 8:38 pm

Hi, I'm diagnosed as Schizoaffective, and I don't experience anything special about it. It seems to only have any sort of significance if and when I get hospitalised. Otherwise, I let my so-called 'psychotic' features (which is really just me being over stimulated or antsy) pass.

kaiouti
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Jan 2012, 4:59 am

I have been suspected of schizoaffective disorder with bi-polar traits, not sure what I can say as the area of effect (lol) It probably has in my life is broad....I still need to research it a bit more

uh, I have a short temper, I don't care about money and if I really wanted to, I'd drop it all quick

hmm, I am aware about alot more than average person, and can willingly over-encumber (lol) myself with information and ideas etc that will make me act it a seemingly harsh and strong willled way

ehhh, I connect mental dots all the time, I see and visualise things to understand and either break down or analyze something thoroughly

thats all I can think of... :/