Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

CloudLayer
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Apr 2012, 1:53 pm

Attempts to solve my anxiety + panic problems by all the professionals I've seen (psychiatrist, therapist, regular doctor) are not working. It's as bad as ever. Anxiety medicine makes me sleep way too much and messes up the sleep/awake cycle to exacerbate depression and other problems. I was switched to an only as needed medicine for this reason but still there's the conflict of either (not) dealing with anxiety all the time or being asleep/more depressed all the time.

When I try to use non-medicinal techniques I keep coming back to the dilemma that if I'm being smart and circumspect I actually should be anxious. I was not anxious for no reason. If I let my guard down something bad probably will happen.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Apr 2012, 9:37 pm

Have you tried Buspar? It's the only med specifically for anxiety; Generalized Anxiety is it's only FDA approved use. It's different from benzopines & SSRIs. I've been on a few SSRIs, benzos & other psych meds & Buspar is the only med that has helped my anxiety without having other mental affects; I don't feel tired, have problems concentrating or feel like I'm on a psych med like I did on the others. It seems to be a hit & miss med; some like me had a big improvement but others didn't notice an effect & some noticed bad side-effects like not being able to sleep(I forget the other side-effects) but I stated lower than the standard starting dose & only side-effect I have is bruising more easily but I bruised easily before

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

rabbitears
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 6:38 am

If it's a particular situation making you anxious, then get out of it any way you can. I was terribly anxious when I was in work, but now I'm out of work (at least for a while) I feel so much better and the pressure has just been lifted. If it's persistent though and not due to environment, then I'm sorry but I don't know, just try everything you can before going on medication (I'm on citalopram but was reluctant, although I don't mind now). But if medication is the only way out, then take it, just make sure it's the right stuff. That's it really.

Parasaurolophuscolobus. Parasaurcolobus. Colobusaurolophus.
....And Nunchucks are my friends.

CloudLayer
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Apr 2012, 3:50 pm

Thank you very much for the ideas.
I haven't tried Buspar.
It's a particular situation and I'm already out of it as much as I can be but I am feeling guilt and regret that makes it unbearable to really do anything because the thoughts and feelings are always strongly there.