Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Voldemort
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Apr 2017, 11:19 pm

For the past few weeks I've been in a hypomanic episode and genius here thought that going to a fun fair would be a good idea. (I struggle with loud noises, crowds and bright lights...) Anyway it was a bit overwhelming at first but I was manic and went on the first ride and it was great.

Then I went on some waltzers and it was really physically uncomfortable - neck pain, back pain. And then the music was very loud and I was spinning and lights were flashing and I just had this complete shutdown. I closed my eyes and couldn't talk. Eventually the ride ended and I got off and it was a while before I was able to be verbal again but it felt like something had snapped. The mania had crashed and I was in overwhelming sensory overload and couldn't cope with the noise and general environment.

I guess my question is, can that sort of sensory overload 'snap' you out of mania? I can't see what else would have drastically changed my mood so suddenly. This was hours and hours ago (it's 5am now and we left the fair at 9pm) and I still feel really shaken and all the feelings of energy and happiness and general euphoria has completely dissipated.