Page 58 of 62 [ 980 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 11:52 am

Great :) ! Thanks a lot Data :roll: (just joking, of course)!

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 11:53 am

Hi StampySquiddyFan,

I take Elicea (equivalent of Lexapro/Cipralex in my country) and I have literally no side effects from it. I was prescribed that because I had severe adverse effects when I was put on Zoloft and they told me that this medicine was milder in terms of its side effects. It worked quite well for about a year too. (I do take a daily low dose of Sulpiride and occasional Xanax and Risperidone as well but my main medication is Elicea.)

Also I wanted to add that you're not alone in the way you feel. Don't be afraid of medication either. Sometimes it's much more useful to keep a person alive and sane than anything else.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 11:55 am

:lol: I also added to my post but you already read it and posted.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 12:02 pm

komamanga wrote:
Hi StampySquiddyFan,

I take Elicea (equivalent of Lexapro/Cipralex in my country) and I have literally no side effects from it. I was prescribed that because I had severe adverse effects when I was put on Zoloft and they told me that this medicine was milder in terms of its side effects. It worked quite well for about a year too. (I do take a daily low dose of Sulpiride and occasional Xanax and Risperidone as well but my main medication is Elicea.)

Also I wanted to add that you're not alone in the way you feel. Don't be afraid of medication either. Sometimes it's much more useful to keep a person alive and sane than anything else.

Thank you so much for that. I am really glad that it worked for you, and I hope I get told what side effects are going to happen when I am forced on a medication! Of course, everybody's neurology is different, but honestly, I am scared of the side effects, particularly because I react weirdly to even simple over the counter medications, like Benadryl (I think that was it).

Thanks so much. I am trying not to be too afraid, but I do feel really bad about the whole thing. Talking to you has made me feel a little better, though, and I am trying to keep a positive outlook. Hopefully this medication can do something good for me! :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 12:03 pm

DataB4 wrote:
:lol: I also added to my post but you already read it and posted.

Oh :lol: ! I will ask the doctor when I go. Do you know what happens at these initial appointments?

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 6:02 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
I might be put on Prozac or something like that. I know Ferris is taking that- do you know if he has had any bad side effects? Do you know the side effects of Prozac?

There can be side effects with Prozac like most medications , I do get side effects and the most annoying is feeling tired most of the time but not get a good night sleep. It does seem to have slowed my mind down which is a good thing for me as it's easier to dismiss intrusive thoughts when my mind is not going a million miles an hour.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 6:53 pm

The first appointment with a psychiatrist is an assessment. They ask you about your symptoms and decide on a treatment plan. You'll probably have a prescription that day.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 9:31 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
I might be put on Prozac or something like that. I know Ferris is taking that- do you know if he has had any bad side effects? Do you know the side effects of Prozac?

There can be side effects with Prozac like most medications , I do get side effects and the most annoying is feeling tired most of the time but not get a good night sleep. It does seem to have slowed my mind down which is a good thing for me as it's easier to dismiss intrusive thoughts when my mind is not going a million miles an hour.

Thanks! I wonder what kind of side effects I am going to have. I only really get a choice between a couple medications, as my motor skills issues make it hard for me to swallow pills (I would say I can’t, but people don’t take that seriously). I don’t need more exhaustion- I’m up at the crack of dawn for early morning rehearsal too much :lol: .

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 9:33 pm

DataB4 wrote:
The first appointment with a psychiatrist is an assessment. They ask you about your symptoms and decide on a treatment plan. You'll probably have a prescription that day.

Thanks! It is better to know in advance what will happen. Do you know what sort of symptoms they ask about? Is it just like symptoms you have had your whole life, or currently?

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 4:37 am

StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Thanks! I wonder what kind of side effects I am going to have. I only really get a choice between a couple medications, as my motor skills issues make it hard for me to swallow pills (I would say I can’t, but people don’t take that seriously). I don’t need more exhaustion- I’m up at the crack of dawn for early morning rehearsal too much :lol: .

You might be able to get a liquid , I know Prozac comes in liquid form :)

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 4:50 am

In my first appointments I always had a piece of paper that I handed over to the psychiatrist to read. I noted everything 'wrong' with me and therefore they had a starting point to ask further questions. You might try that especially if your speech tends to stop working under stress like mine does.

Cipralex comes in 'oro-tabs' that melt on your tongue as well.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 4:57 am

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Thank you so much for that, Britte :mrgreen: ! I will definitely look into that more. I hope you have a great day or night! Hugs from Stampy :mrgreen: !

You're welcome, and thank you for the hugs. Hugs back to you, Stampy! And, sorry, I just returned or would have responded, sooner. : ).

I have a 4-day weekend, and I'm quite happy about it. I assume you do, as well? If so, I hope you enjoy your free time! I'll be going up North, to spend time with my family, which I am so happy about, as I don't see them often, enough. Are you doing anything out of the ordinary? ><))'> 0o Oo o

Also, I apologize, for going off the topic being discussed.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 9:43 am

SaveFerris wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

You might be able to get a liquid , I know Prozac comes in liquid form :)

Yep, that’s the plan :D . How are you doing Ferris?

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 9:53 am

komamanga wrote:
In my first appointments I always had a piece of paper that I handed over to the psychiatrist to read. I noted everything 'wrong' with me and therefore they had a starting point to ask further questions. You might try that especially if your speech tends to stop working under stress like mine does.

Cipralex comes in 'oro-tabs' that melt on your tongue as well.

That seems like a great idea, since I also forget some things that I need to talk about. Thank you so much for that! :D

Great! I always like it when there are more options available, so that is awesome, thanks!

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 10:03 am

Britte wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Thank you so much for that, Britte :mrgreen: ! I will definitely look into that more. I hope you have a great day or night! Hugs from Stampy :mrgreen: !

You're welcome, and thank you for the hugs. Hugs back to you, Stampy! And, sorry, I just returned or would have responded, sooner. : ).

I have a 4-day weekend, and I'm quite happy about it. I assume you do, as well? If so, I hope you enjoy your free time! I'll be going up North, to spend time with my family, which I am so happy about, as I don't see them often, enough. Are you doing anything out of the ordinary? ><))'> 0o Oo o

Also, I apologize, for going off the topic being discussed.

That’s okay :mrgreen: ! You don’t have to reply right away! I think I may have forgotten to reply to your latest message, and I will try to do that after this, sorry!

I also, have a 4-day weekend, and I am also very excited! It is Thanksgiving morning where I am now, and I am watching some parades and specials on TV. Thank you so much- I hope you enjoy your free time as well! I am mainly just staying at home and having Thanksgiving dinner with my family, which I enjoy a lot! I hope you have a great time with your family!

That is perfectly fine! This thread is for whatever we want to talk about, and I love Thanksgiving! :mrgreen: :flower: :flower: :geek: :geek: :cherry: :cherry: :study: :study:

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 10:10 am

Family and American football here today. Good food too. :) I'm trying to breathe and let my anxiety go for the holiday. Easier said than done but worth the effort anyway.