Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2020, 8:31 am

When I moved from one county to another, mental health changed my diagnosis from schizoaffective/borderline and anxiety to autism and bipolar.

But that was by a clinical social worker. Tuesday I see the actual psychiatrist.... And I'm wondering if I should bring up my past dxes, etc...

I do have that old childhood psych report now that could help...

I think the bipolar is apparent and obvious, but borderline, maybe... autism... Will they change their mind?

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2020, 9:39 am

In my opinion Autism is your most recent diagnosis. If you have the clinical paperwork they won't challenge your autism.

If you identify more with Bipolar than Borderline, and Bipolar is also a newer diagnosis, I wouldn't even mention the Borderline. It's common for autistic women to be mislabelled as Borderline on their journey to a more comprehensive diagnosis of ASD.

Focus on your current diagnosis. If they ask about your past dx, tell the truth but point out that it's taken years for you to be assessed properly as you are now.