Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 7:46 am

Last year Dr prescribed Wellbutrin

Seizure, black box warning

So did not take

Paranoid that, if seizure in public, a good Samaritan tries to help my worthless corpse and end up incurring unpaid medical bills

Good Samaritan just love to flap their trap. "Are you ok?", But they don't have the skill or authority to "help" you

They don't know they can't help you

Driver's license revoked

Maybe sent to group home if Dr seems you unable to live alone

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 8:56 am

Bravo5150 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
blazingstar wrote:
I didn't see this until today, vermontsavant. I am sorry you went through that. You did do the right thing. As cberg said, some people stop breathing with benzos (one of my clients does), but if you have been taking them for years, and the dose is not too high, it is likely okay. And clearly you are okay. And taking fast action is what was needed. Seizures can produce lasting brain damage.

I get myself dosed up on too much caffeine. Not often, but it does play havoc with my body when I do. :oops: If I could just limit myself to one cup of coffee a day. :roll:

I was trying to figure out how much coffee in how much time because I was wondering if maybe the caffeine was doing something. I can think of two possible actions.

if you don't mind, what are the two possible actions?

Caffeine is both a stimulant and a diuretic. One possible problem I would more commonly associate with popping several caffeine pills is overstimulation of the nervous system. The other possibility is depleting through urinating certain vitamins to an extreme enough extent to cause a seizure. Both possibilities would have other questions about what symptoms were felt before hand.

thank you :study: that is fairly a complicated equation to figure out.

pyrrhicwren
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2020, 5:38 am

vermontsavant wrote:
I almost had a seizure this morning.I started having tremors that started to increase more and more.

I took two Ativan or lorazapam tablets and chewed then to a jaged edge which cut the roof of my mouth.
Then I suck on the Ativan tabs and worked them into the cuts in my mouth.

This put the Ativan right into the bloodstream and within 5 minutes while curled up in the fetal position on my bed,the Ativan hit my heart and the tremors stopped and a feeling of tranquility came over me.

I never recommend taking medication other than as prescribed but if it might save your life, you do what you have to.

It was a very scary experience to say the least,thank God I'm precribed Ativan or lorazapam.

I didnt want to end up at a hospital because an epilepsy DX could cost you your driver's license.

Hey VS, if you have anything in the house that has rosemary, eucalyptus, camphor or camphor-like compunds in items in your house, they could trigger epileptic episodes. (shampoo, soap, etc)

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2020, 7:13 am

pyrrhicwren wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
I almost had a seizure this morning.I started having tremors that started to increase more and more.

I took two Ativan or lorazapam tablets and chewed then to a jaged edge which cut the roof of my mouth.

This put the Ativan right into the bloodstream and within 5 minutes while curled up in the fetal position on my bed,the Ativan hit my heart and the tremors stopped and a feeling of tranquility came over me.

I never recommend taking medication other than as prescribed but if it might save your life, you do what you have to.

It was a very scary experience to say the least,thank God I'm precribed Ativan or lorazapam.

I didnt want to end up at a hospital because an epilepsy DX could cost you your driver's license.

Hey VS, if you have anything in the house that has rosemary, eucalyptus, camphor or camphor-like compunds in items in your house, they could trigger epileptic episodes. (shampoo, soap, etc)
OK,how do you know if your shampoo has them.Thanks for the heads up.

pyrrhicwren
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2020, 9:01 am

vermontsavant wrote:
pyrrhicwren wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

OK,how do you know if your shampoo has them.Thanks for the heads up.

On the label it would have essences, essential oils, or camphor in the ingredients. There could be numerous triggers. I knew someone that had seizures, they were washing their hair with a shampoo that had rosemary/eucalyptus that was triggering seizures in combination with stress. I hope you're doing good man!

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2020, 10:04 am

I'm doing well ,no problems like the one in this thread recently.