Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

17 Feb 2022, 9:38 pm

Hi, all. I'm not sure where this goes, but I'll put it here.
-----
Do you ever dream of yourself in another time in history? I do, mostly in the 1980s and 1990s, and sometimes from the 1970s. Those were, I think, my favorite periods in history.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2022, 10:39 pm

I feel like I was born in the wrong century. About 100 years earlier would have suited me better.

I don't really pretend to live then, but nearly all my books and interests are from the mid-1800s.

For the most part, my house is furnished with antiques or old-style decor.

xxSkull_Princessxx
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Mar 2023, 3:18 pm

I was born in the 2000s and I live like it's still the 2000s. I dress like it's still the 2000s, I mostly listen to music from the 2000s (with a few exceptions), and use 2000s technology (including a Kodak Easyshare Z730 digital camera from 2005 that I got for Christmas 2022). Also, I sometimes enjoy burning CDs and DVDs.

I belong in the mid - late 2000s MySpace era, but sadly, I just had to be born in the mid 2000s and miss out on that plus other things such as when some of my favorite bands (such as MCR) were featured on MTV and even performed live on Saturday Night Live.

Oh well, at least there's SpaceHey, which is similar to old MySpace.

RandoNLD
Toucan
Toucan

26 Mar 2023, 10:42 pm

I used to feel that way, especially since it used to be easier to make a living and some of the cars and clothes were better. '67 Camaro for $40K in 2022 dollars? Yes please. Not sure any previous time was as good to be ND, and I sure wouldn't want to live in time before antibiotics or chemo.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2023, 11:27 pm

the 90s were my optimal time. if i were just a bit older it woulda been the 70s. in the 80s in was in uncle sam's army so that was largely a less than optimal decade for me. i still burn DVDs and CDs, i've made hundreds of music CDs from analog recordings in my vast collection. HDTV is nice but i still miss my big-screen [wall-size projection] analog tv. i'd love to hop into the WABAC machine and go back to 1988 and buy me a mint 1988 model cadillac sedan de ville, drive it into the WABAC and be tooling around today with a low-miles mint specimen old-school cadillac.

hrod1234
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Mar 2023, 10:55 pm

Trust me, you wouldn't have wanted to be born in another time. You think being autistic NOW is bad? Try being autistic in 1923 where you'd either have been institutionalized or mercy killed.