Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2023, 10:38 pm

I find that sometimes I'm just plain ol sick of people and want to be alone for the rest of my life and not see another soul as long as I live.

Sometimes it seems to be an overstimulation thing. Like if I did a lot of things during the day - say ran a few errands and had to do a lot of peopling - I will ultimately find myself almost exhausted and thinking "if I see another person ever again it'll be too soon".
Can ASD cause this?

Other times it's a fear thing, like I feel like I just disappoint people, whoa is me, etc..... which I attribute to either AVPD or RSD.

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2023, 12:46 am

Like, I only really "hate" people in general when I'm legit upset over being treated like s**t, though I definitely have a massively lowered threshold for human interaction due to my autism, and when I hit that limit I 100% don't want to interact with anyone at all.

I also have times where I get so overwhelmed due to my severe anxiety from other people that I desperately avoid interacting with people, and think I would rather be alone and lonely forever than deal w/ it.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2023, 5:46 am

I went through a phase of really hating people but it was because I found myself in a rut in my life and I was just bitter because people were seeming to get on with living and I was stuck.

I soon managed to fix that and move on.

Hate is just a waste of energy and time.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2023, 4:38 pm

I'm beginning to hate neighbours. Well, most of them anyway, and I'm running low on sympathy for them. I don't want them there, all I want is quiet people around me. I don't want loud, entitled families. And I don't want people saying s**t like "oh they're just like you, have no choice in where they're given to live, and they need to live their lives, how would you like it if your neighbours wouldn't let your kid move around in their home--"

Short answer is: I don't give a f**k. There I said it. They're inconsiderate for us, why should I "understand" and "be reasonable" and "have empathy" for them? Don't care.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2023, 5:24 pm

I think ASD can cause various sensitivities that might make one hate people.

ASD itself isn't responsible, but RSD, sensory issues being triggered, burnout, experiences with bullying, social anxiety, AvPD and other additional burdens that might relate to autism can cause it.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2023, 5:28 pm

I don't hate people, but I hate being around people.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2023, 5:31 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I don't hate people, but I hate being around people.

I can relate to this. I don't hate being around people, but I have limits before I need to withdraw.

Humans are actually my favourite animal, they're just so disappointing so often.

I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed. :(

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2023, 8:05 pm

It's hard for me to say. I spent the majority of my life not knowing what was wrong with me, I only knew that I was struggling with something. When I was young and in social settings I was mostly 'off the chain,' hyper, a distraction to others, etc... I believe I was experiencing some rejection as I mostly went to private schools (my family's attempt to deal with whatever 'it' was that made me different), but I don't know that I saw it as rejection.
As I aged, I got a little better, but not much. I watched others for cues on how to conduct myself and tried to do what they did. It didn't tire me out the way it did as I got older.
The older I grew, the less tolerance I had for restaurants, shopping malls, church, anything social. I struggled at work too, but I didn't view work as social but a means to an end. And I learned to block out the extra. I'm much better at tolerating people since having a diagnosis. I pick and choose who I engage with and basically don't give two s**ts anymore about who does or does not accept me as I am. I will say that by the time Friday rolls around, I'm exhausted. So, I'm still masking and that will probably never leave me. I did it for too long to just stop. I sleep the entire day on Saturdays. It's how I heal from people exposure.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2023, 9:24 pm

colliegrace wrote:
Sometimes it seems to be an overstimulation thing. Like if I did a lot of things during the day - say ran a few errands and had to do a lot of peopling - I will ultimately find myself almost exhausted and thinking "if I see another person ever again it'll be too soon".
Can ASD cause this?

I get like that. I require huge amounts of alone time in order to be okay. I need alone time to prepare and be alright enough to handle being around people, then decompress time to recover from being around them. I don't hate people or blame them for it though (though admittedly, some people I encounter do get on my nerves lol). It's ultimately self care on my end because I know I have far less of those metaphorical spoons than others do. I have to prioritize who gets my time and energy and who is and is not worth it. Most of the time, I prefer to be alone and while I don't get lonely, I do have people I want to see and they are so worth the effort and energy. Even people I enjoy drain me though. *shrugs*