Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2024, 11:00 am

Do you really need Oppsitosal Defiant Disorder or Conduct Disorder to develop Antisocial Personality Disorder? All you have to do to develop ASPD without a history of childhood disorderly conduct, you can just develop antisocial traits by watching dark psychology on YouTube.

The question is, am I correct?

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2024, 1:03 pm

FranzOren wrote:
Do you really need Oppsitosal Defiant Disorder or Conduct Disorder to develop Antisocial Personality Disorder? All you have to do to develop ASPD without a history of childhood disorderly conduct, you can just develop antisocial traits by watching dark psychology on YouTube.

The question is, am I correct?

You can't have a personality disorder diagnosis before age 18 because personality takes time to crystalize.

I'm not really sure how you'd get a personality disorder out of nowhere as an adult.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2024, 4:45 pm

I am 23 years old, I also have a history of Conduct Disorder Unspecified in elementary school and middle school, with Megalomania.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2024, 6:05 am

aspd is developmental, you are born with it, it is not caused by anything after you enter this world.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2024, 6:49 am

autisticelders wrote:
aspd is developmental, you are born with it, it is not caused by anything after you enter this world.

Then what personality disorders can explain antisocial behaviors from learning from the media?

If ASPD is developmental, why can't it he diagnosed in children? I don't understand.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2024, 5:49 pm

FranzOren wrote:
autisticelders wrote:

Then what personality disorders can explain antisocial behaviors from learning from the media?

If ASPD is developmental, why can't it he diagnosed in children? I don't understand.

Personalities aren't stable in childhood. People can be very different as adults to what they were as children. There's a lot of growth of the brain in that time period, but by 18, it starts to slow a lot.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2024, 6:14 pm

In young adults until 25, the brain is kind of still developing.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2024, 10:09 am

I sometimes have psychopathic delusions about my parents.

They are sometimes so annoying when they get mad at each other, they yell with their idiotic voice coming out of their mouth and sometimes throw stuff and break and throw stuff at each other, lucky they did not injure themselves. That was when we lived in an apartment. I developed symptoms of CDU and PTSD and wanted to commit class B or A on my parents at 3 AM when I was an older minor at ages 13-17.

But our new home is good and my family and I have enough space and my parents fight less and come up with solutions for each other.

I felt embarrassed for having ASPD+P delusions of second-degree murder or manslaughter, my parents scared me so much after fights from 11 years ago. That is why I hid them because I still knew it was a serious crime.

CDU is short for Conduct Disorder Unspecified.

ASPD+P means Antisocial Personality Disorder with psychopathic features

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2024, 10:44 am

I feel bad for having psychopathic delusions about my parents, I am sorry :( :| :cry: