Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

artrat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 5:39 pm

I actually feel more like a dude than a girl. Can anyone relate?

"I belive in God, only I spell it Nature."
~ Frank Llyod Wright

frostbite
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Dec 2012, 5:56 pm

I sometimes feel more feminine than society expects me to be. But I identify as slightly metrosexual. You could be transgender. Do you wish you were in a dudes body or are you happy with your female body?

helles
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 6:29 pm

Do feel very feminine but always liked to hang out with the boys (still do). They are so much easier to talk to

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2012, 7:12 pm

I don't get it, in today's society females are allowed to do "male" things more than ever and we still need to feel like a girl? It wasn't really that long ago women always wore dresses and I think it was once against the law for them to wear pants. Must have been so it would be harder for them to run away from guys chasing them... :lol: no seriously, they'd have to pick their skirt up so they wouldn't trip and it couldn't have been easy not to move their arms to keep their balance. When I was around 4 or 5 I once only wanted to wear dresses because I knew they were something only girls were supposed to wear and I didn't want to be mistaken for a boy. Now I hardly ever even wear skirts. Or makeup. My mom's maybe a bit tomboyish. She didn't like dolls when she was a kid, just stuffed animals. I liked dolls as a kid but I would also play with action figures. I got along well with guys in my early adult years when I was no longer in school. When I was in high school they made my life miserable while the girls usually just acted indifferent. Of course the guys I got along with were usually in their 30's at least, that's when they start to act somewhat mature and more like I was at 20, ha. :lol: I'm pretty much typing total nonsense but my mom said she can't make it over for lunch tomorrow so I kind of have a long, dull Monday on my hands with no one else to talk to or do anything with, just I didn't on like Friday, Saturday and today. About ready to scream from being alone in the apartment this long, don't know what I'd do if I was stuck in here for days or even weeks because of some horrible disaster... :?

ibtiamat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Dec 2012, 10:13 pm

Definitely. I have a mentality of a male. And there has even been studies about this sort of thing.

Funny you should mention this while I am typing up my research paper over homosexuality:
In Canada, a study showed that

Quote:
gay men performed worse than straight men at targeting tasks, such as throwing a ball to the centere of a target a few feet away, and lesbians did better than straight women.
So the straight men and lesbians performed at a male favored task much better than straight females and gay men.

A British psychologist, Qazi Rahman discovered
Quote:
the ability to judge the origin of a line is a male-favoring task and gay men performed worse than straight men and lesbians performed better than straight women.

In his recent study in 2003 Rahman and his colleagues measured the verbal frequency in 240 individuals: 60 heterosexual males, 60 heterosexual women, 60 gay men, and 60 gay women. They found out that
Quote:
the gay men performed significantly better than the straight men and about as well as the straight women. The lesbians scored significantly worse than the straight women and about as badly as the heterosexual men.

There are so many more studies as well as statistics but I don't wanna type anymore, I bet you don't wanna read all of it, but the point I am trying to make is that there is more truth to lesbians being straight men and gay men being straight women than people previously thought.

"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?"
- Albert Einstein

SorajimaAiko
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Dec 2012, 11:32 pm

You could say I do deal with my male side- I'm 'Trigendered'. Most people call it gender fluid but I'm very rigid about it. I actually give myself names so that my girlfriend can identify me or the others.

Serin/ Maddie: Naturally I'm called Maddie, but my enlightened self, which remains with me, goes by 'Serin'. Thus, I am also 'Serin', because I am the most conscious ( I am conscious for all three 'personalities', but this one is most prominent).

Daphell (Daph): Daph is my 'boy-side', and very rough with his boyfriend (who is my girlfriend's second personality). He tends to get carried away but is often frank or excited about something.

Jasper (Jazz): Jazz is kind of a 'temporary resident'. I suppress my bad memories, which he uses to build a personality of his own. He's kind of the third wheel, the whipping boy, or the mistress that everyone (I mean EVERYONE) keeps hidden in their closet.

Being this way isn't strange for me: Jazz has been here for a few months, on and off, and Daph has been in my life for nine years. I've never been diagnosed with anything hallucinatory or schizophrenic, so it's not invasive.

Not all people are like this though- I just happen to be this particular way. Most people I've told can't tell unless I explain directly, but when it's Daph, my voice drops and I feel more confident. When it's Jazz, there's always an emotion of 'trickster' in there somewhere.